By danimal_crackerz - 03/08/2015 17:26 - United States - Coventry

Today, I was at a bar. When asked if I wanted a refill of my coffee, I said yes, and moved the cup from my lap to the counter. As I did this, the waitress spilled hot coffee right into my crotch. FML
I agree, your life sucks 26 280
You deserved it 3 267

danimal_crackerz tells us more.

danimal_crackerz 26

Hi, it's the OP here. I'd just like to say, thanks for all the laughs in the comments, may have made the trip down to the ER worth it. Looks looks like no kind of coffee is in my future, after this happening my first time trying it, after being prodded by an older sibling who brought me (to the bar). I'm sure this will be a story to laugh about for years to come - and a lesson to all: move the cup first. ?

Top comments

JMichael 25

did she apologetically wipe it off?

I feel for you! Hot beverages give the nastiest burns :(

Comments

you didn't want a refil.. liar, liar pants on fire...

amccaul1976 8

was she polite and blow them cool for you?

wheelchairchick 11
upallnight11 19

Is there something wrong with drinking coffee at a bar or...

I'm glad I'm not the only thinking that.. I go to the bar alcohol, not coffee.

RedPillSucks 31

bars serve all sorts of drinks. if you go early in a day, some serve breakfast.

Well that was her stupid fault. Why would anyone pour hot coffee into a cup that was originally on someone's lap. Misguided and just plain stupid.

I'm confused why the cup was in your lap in the first place.

I think its her fault, who on the earth do refills of hot liquids while the cup is still in the hand of the customer?

Looks like the cook burned the your nuts...hope the rest of your meal was good... Apologies for this horrible pun

You didn't exactly tell her where to refill the coffee.