By cooney7 - 03/11/2013 05:59 - United Kingdom

Today, I was at a family meeting about opening up a business. During it, I had an allergic reaction and my throat began to close. Nobody tried to help. In fact, pictures were taken. FML
I agree, your life sucks 48 736
You deserved it 3 082

cooney7 tells us more.

My allergy is known to both me and the family and my epipen was on hand as it always is. I never knew that the food contained ingredients I am allergic and as I said, my throat started to close and I was struggling to breathe. The reason wasn't because they're laughing at me or anything like that, 'my face was a great shade of red for the company logo'. They did help me eventually by injecting me. Weird story, I know, but my family have a track record of being idiots.

Top comments

MikaykayUnicorn 36

If my face was turning red, and since your throat was closing I'm assuming you couldn't talk, my parents or someone would try to help me. No matter how stupid your relatives are, this is horrible.

Since you were able to post this I assume someone saved you, or it wasn't as bad as it seemed at the time. So at least you're alive. . On an unrelated note, we're the pictures any good?

Comments

And if they get in jail or need anything, take pictures

How the **** do people say he deserves this? WTf is wrong with people...

I couldn't agree more with you #33. My guess is that people may have voted YDI for the following three reasons imo: 1. Voting YDI to achieve badges on FML. 2. Accidentally hitting YDI. I have done that before with the mobile app when I tried to vote FYL and it selects YDI instead. 3. Those people who genuinely vote YDI on this are either heartless or awful trolls. :(

Do not go into business with these people ....!

My allergy is known to both me and the family and my epipen was on hand as it always is. I never knew that the food contained ingredients I am allergic and as I said, my throat started to close and I was struggling to breathe. The reason wasn't because they're laughing at me or anything like that, 'my face was a great shade of red for the company logo'. They did help me eventually by injecting me. Weird story, I know, but my family have a track record of being idiots.

MikaykayUnicorn 36

If my face was turning red, and since your throat was closing I'm assuming you couldn't talk, my parents or someone would try to help me. No matter how stupid your relatives are, this is horrible.

I wouldn't want to open up a business with people like that, family or not.

So correct me if I am wrong here: your family knows aside from yourself what you're allergic to and is aware that you have an epipen for emergencies...yet they purposely extended the time on helping you out because the color shade of red you were turning was hysterically close to the company logo and there for pictures of this "funny" moment was more important despite knowing that leaving a reaction prolonged from when it starts can worsen if not end your life? Especially when you were struggling enough as it is by not being able to breathe and your throat starts turning into a death trap? Yeah, I agree with you OP. Not the sharpest tools in the shed. That is awful to do to someone regardless if they had eventually decided to help you. :(

By your own admission your family has a track record of being idiots, then why would you get involved in a business with these people? That's not even factoring in that they let you continue unnecessarily to have your throat seize without helping you, when they knew what was happening and what was required to stop the reaction. When you write the FML about how the family has screwed you in some way with the business, you should expect nothing but YDI votes.

In that case OP should consider himself lucky that his family was not looking for a nice blue or purple.

What is with all the retarded people clicking you deserve it on posts like this

Mis-clicks, trolls and people who get ahead of themselves saying "you probably did something to deserve it.

strawberrywine22 30

Or people wanting the badge...

chrisp87 11

Is this business plan about a new mortuary?

What was your reaction to? Hope the business goes well...

Every day I think people can't get any more stupid and heartless. Every day I'm proven horribly wrong.