By Silver_Jet - 06/03/2014 01:59 - Canada - Beamsville

Today, I was excited to see a spider skittering across my bathroom floor, because this one was real and not a hallucination. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 267
You deserved it 6 819

Silver_Jet tells us more.

Op here. Got an account to commentnt on this. No I am not on drugs. I know this spider is real because I killed it and I am not sure if I have schizophrenia.

Top comments

RedPillSucks 31

If you're not sure you have schizophrenia (or anything else) and you're having hallucinations, you should immediately go talk to a medical or mental health professional.

Comments

So that's good news and bad news, right? No news is bad news.

colton_colton 49

I don't quite see how seeing a spider would ever be a good thing...

red225 14

The teachings from The Professor in Futurama taught me well...even when going to a planet whose policy for males is DEATH BY SNU-SNU it's still good news

#9 hallucinating things doesn't always mean you're on drugs. Haven't you ever been so tired and half asleep and saw "a spider crawling" on the floor/wall? The brain does some strange things sometimes. Lol.

Because he/she is no longer having hallucinations. So I say congrats OP

Chelsea_bella 20

Are you sure it's not a hallucination? ;)

I need the background story OP. You can't just leave so few details & expect me not to be curious.

XcuzimsotiredX 25

I would be too if I was seeing things and then THAT ONES REAL

Generally people are afraid of spiders, not sure why.

Statistically, more people are afraid of spiders than death

Arachnophobia? But spiders are pretty creepy in general.

Arachnophobia is one of the most falsely self-diagnosed phobias there are. What many individuals do not realize is that phobias are "extreme" fears. They cause anxiety attacks and people go lengths to avoid the stimuli (arachnid). It's not a phobia unless you begin altering your life in order to avoid the source of your fears. What many feel is actually a uncomfortable sensation that leaves them with a slight tension and need to leave the present location. Yes, phobias have this same occurrence, but the feeling is amplified by 10 times. Some phobics describe the feeling as a heart attack (though this is usually characterized as a panic attack rather than an anxiety attack). The pain is still obsessive.

One time I saw a spider in my room so I ran out into the living room, and then I saw a spider in there too so I went into my kitchen and sat on a stool with my feet up sobbing for 5 hours. My mom got us a spider spray appointment for the next week and moved my therapist appointment to the next day, and I had to sleep in her room. You are very right, it's MUCH worse than people think. None of that was an exaggeration either. The 5 hours thing was almost exact

colton_colton 49

Seeing a spider is never something I'd be happy about regardless of the circumstances

martialart1st18 19

Yeah. And how does OP know that this time isn't a hallucination?

ileenefudge 29

I for one am terrified of spiders, but hey, whatever floats your boat, right?

Assuming OP is recovering from or dealing with some mental health challenges. Good Job OP

How did you know this wasn't an hallucination? Did you touch it?

Maybe someone else was there to see it, or maybe OP smashed it and then brought a witness in?

EphMi 5

thats right, the good ol' "smash and see" test. If you can smash it, then it must be real.

uh..yeah excited for a spider? Hallucination or noy there is no way I'm happy to see a spider. And I definitely feel we need more "reason" for the non hallucination excitement. Seriously.

I assumed as OP is excited to have stopped hallucinating, they have mental health problems causing them to hallucinate, which is unpleasant to say the least so would explain why they are excited.

crazytwinsmom 25

It could be due to medicine.

Well at least OP is happy, real spiders or not,

Lil_Red777 21

You don't know if OP was on any drugs...they could have mental health problems.

RedPillSucks 31

Caused by doing too much drugs... Or not enough, I guess.