By thereisnobaby - 06/10/2016 11:55 - United States - Cadillac

Today, I was met with an unfortunate clerical error, receiving a letter from WIC with a cheery handwritten note instructing me to call when the baby arrives. I guess they forgot I was there four months ago to discuss the changes in benefits after a miscarriage. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 183
You deserved it 775

Same thing different taste

Top comments

(hugs) I'm sorry to hear that you received an unwelomed reminder. I know what that is like, I've have had three go on to paradise ahead of me.

I could never understand how that feels, so sorry for what happened OP.

Comments

I could never understand how that feels, so sorry for what happened OP.

Clerical errors can be the worst. I got a postcard from my vet's office "written" by my dog, who had been dead for a year. My condolences on your miscarriage.

Hawks87 3

Why would you be having a baby while on welfare?

That's horrible! I'm so sorry for your loss!

(hugs) I'm sorry to hear that you received an unwelomed reminder. I know what that is like, I've have had three go on to paradise ahead of me.

Oh my god I'm so sorry to hear that #5 I'm sure you would've made a great parent

Unfortunate is an understatement. I hope you at least informed them of the mistake and I hope they learn from this so that it might not happen to someone else.

I'm so sorry. The hospital called me for months after my son was born to "see how we were doing" even though it had been stated verbally and via paperwork many many times that it was an adoption situation. Every call was a reminder that turned me into a sobbing mess. Virtual hugs.

I'm assuming when you say adoption situation, you mean that you gave your baby up for adoption? I was adopted at birth. No matter what your reasons, you made the right decision. Your baby went to a loving supportive family. If you have an open adoption, even better! You'll see and hear about the baby growing and, when your baby is old enough, he/she might come and visit! When I was in high school, I visited my birth mom and her children every year. I'd stay for a week. It'll get better with time. You made the right choice and your family will expand so much!

Xquisite1 28

#21 You have no idea what kind of family her baby went to. Of course it's always assumed that is the case in adoption situations that the baby went to a loving family.

I understand how you feel, sweetie. I still get emails from parenting sites that I forgot I subscribed to on what would have been my baby's birthday. It still hurts almost 7 years later.

I'm so sorry--can you unsubscribe from those lists?

Wow..that's gotta be painful. I have friends who've had miscarriages, and seeing how broken-hearted and devastated they are afterward...it kills me. So sorry, OP. I'm sure it was just a clerical error, but that likely doesn't make it less hurtful. Keep your head up, and maybe try to do something to make yourself feel a little better. Improving your mood can go a long way toward making things better.