By thebiteof87 - 22/07/2015 06:32 - Australia - Melbourne

Today, I was reading a picture storybook to a kindergarten kid. She could pronounce more words than me, and corrected me. I'm about triple her age. FML
I agree, your life sucks 15 775
You deserved it 26 939

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Comments

I love how everyone is ignoring the fact it could have been a very intelligent kindergartener. I read at a 10th grade level in kindergarten, and was reading late college level books when I was eight. Could have been the case for OP, or maybe Language is OP's weak subject. They aren't necessarily Illiterate or stupid because they had issues reading aloud.

Sounds like you should triple your education.

Bah. Just because you can't pronounce them doesn't mean you don't know the word. It just means you've only come across it in written form and never needed to look it up in the dictionary. Plenty of people have huge swathes of their vocabulary in that state. Some words just don't occur in speech very often.

izzah98 10

What have you been doing during English class? Or during classes in general?

What words could you not pronounce in a child's picture storybook???

Maybe you need to go back to kindergarten. That's a bit pathetic, op.

Maybe you should keep reading storybooks, you might learn some things.

Triple the age of a kindergarten child is 12-15. How wonderful. I wouldn't fully blame you for not knowing the words, you appear to be pretty young.