By Rev - 18/03/2009 05:05 - United States

Today, I was working at Coldstone. When a customer tips us we are required to sing. A late night DJ came in, put 20 dollars in the tip cup, and asked to hear every song we had. After we sang one song he looked at me and asked me to please stop singing or he was taking his money back. FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 126
You deserved it 8 972

Same thing different taste

Top comments

green_199 0

Not a FML. You got a $20 tip. Did you actually WANT to have to sing more?

I don't expect my local Coldstone workers to have Grammy-worthy talent. I expect them to sound like people who work for $6.75 an hour or whatever and are required by their part time job to sing to customers. I don't even like that rule, I think its awkward and kind of humiliating.

Comments

green_199 0

Not a FML. You got a $20 tip. Did you actually WANT to have to sing more?

that would be a great place to work! I'm jealous :P but still, sorry OP, I guess he was just jealous you could sing better than him ;)

Yeah, this is bullshit. You have to try out to be Coldstone employee. If you were that bad at singing you wouldn't have been hired.

raebeglan 7

umm you are crazy! haha I work at a coldstone in Idaho and i didn't have to try out.. nor am I a good singer. even our birthday song points out that we sing off key... so don't post stuff if you don't know what you are talking about!

Yeah, what #2 said. You have to be able to be in harmony so it doesn't sound crappy.

I'd give you a tip but I wouldn't want you to sing. I'm guessing this was on the radio, right?

yeah #2 is right, if you were that horrible you wouldn't be hired. nice try though.

You work at coldstone and just realized your dream of american idol is over....you can live past this!

he sounded like an annoying and rude customer. just because he put a 20 dollar tip he thinks he can order people around? the rule says the workers sing when a customer tip them. it doesn't say "the workers sing for every dollar you put on the tip jar."

I don't expect my local Coldstone workers to have Grammy-worthy talent. I expect them to sound like people who work for $6.75 an hour or whatever and are required by their part time job to sing to customers. I don't even like that rule, I think its awkward and kind of humiliating.

If you feel that it's awkward and humiliating, don't go to coldstone

i've never been to coldstone...but now i really wanna go...do the workers really sing if u tip them? thats kinda cool...ok thats it, i'm DEF. goin to coldstone 2nite!

You...have to sing? That's terrible. It's like they want you to be circus animals!