By Anonymous - 04/09/2012 04:03 - United States

Today, I went to my favorite bar after work for a drink. On my way to the porch out back, I didn't realize the sliding glass door was shut, and walked straight into it. I was stone cold sober, but the bartender refused to believe me, and cut me off before my first beer. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 473
You deserved it 4 441

Same thing different taste

Top comments

saIty 17

Wow. I guess the Windex cleaner does make people walk into clear doors.

Well, maybe you were just never supposed to drink today...

Comments

martin_martian7 11

"But you didn't have to cut me off"

It takes talent to look drunken when totally sober. Cheers!

#55, As a natural-born klutz, having done similar to OP, I thank you for the second-hand compliment. This talent is not often appreciated. It helps make the bruises worth it. *curtsey... stumble... oops*

remixedmouse 0

Good you don't need any of that devil's water anyways

My goodness, with my luck that's something that will happen to me when I turn 21. :/ I'm too clumsy!

pengin 13

Well, that does suck OP, but if anything-- I think you should be grateful that that is a responsible bartender. It's always much better to be safe than sorry. Too many people drink and drive and the bartender just didn't want to take any chances-- for all they know-- you could've just came from another bar and had a lot to drink etc. Not only that, but I'm sure they don't want to risk people falling & hurting themselves inside the bar-- as that is a liability issue-- so if they think you're drunk and may hurt yourself-- they'll definitely not give you more alcohol-- as that'll just raise the possibility of you hurting yourself. This is not a real FYL situation so much as it's just a tad inconvenient. Just work on your clumsiness and think about the reasons as to why you wouldn't get anymore to drink, it's really not a personal thing against you.

classicnathan 8

Aw, cut off too soon is never fun!

The birds on the windex commercial pale in comparison to your epic head smash into the glass.