By ditzen - 07/12/2009 17:39 - United States

Today, I went to pick up my paycheck at the convenience store I work at. While there, two frat boys came in and bought seventeen 30 packs of beer. That comes to about $300. They spent more at the store in one day than I get paid in two weeks. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 765
You deserved it 4 478

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Its really easy to make money if you're throwing a party. Watch this: $300 for 510 beers = $0.588 per beer. Average person at a party drinks about 5 beers or so, but for conservative estimates' sake, call it 6. That's $3.52 worth of beer per person at the party, which you can charge $5 at the door to get in. $5 - $3.52 = $1.48 profit per person, multiplied by 85 people at the party (510 beers / 6 beers per person), gives you a net income for the night of $125.80, and said party can be held 3 nights a week (Thursday - Saturday), giving you a weekly income of $377.40, which is higher than you make. Go to college, learn math, make friends, and you too can figure out how to make more than $300 per week.

Bro they were having a party or stocking up. I doubt that the money to buy that beer came from two dudes. If you get upset by the fact that people spend money to have a party, man I dunno what to say.

Comments

Go back to school or get a trade, then get a better job. It might not be easy but most anything that is worthwhile requires dedication and effort, especially achivement.

Flutist 3

Holy shit. I know they didn't drink it all themselves, but if they did... epic. Okay Op here is the thing, some people are rich, some people are poor. Some people have cancer, some people do not. It is not about your circumstances, but how you view your life. Sure, shitty job, not a lot of money. But you HAVE A JOB. They aren't hiring much right now. You should be lucky you can support yourself and aren't out on the street. Until someone rapes you in the ass, it is not an FML.

I do go to college, hence why I work at a convenience store near one. I'm working my way through college. Thanks for the advice people.

Flutist 3

Well, see its not an FML. You're just pissy you don't have the money they did.

Funny, I make about half the amount you do (around $130 every two weeks) and people come in to the library to pay fines that cost more than I've made but I manage not to bitch on the internet while working my way through college.

Hey, you're a woman! Just ask to join their party, and drink their beer for free! If they aren't charging to get in, that is.

ozymandias_fml 0

YDI. Don't like you job? Get a better one. Don't like your pay-grade? Do something to get a better one. Don't like taking only $300 home after 2 weeks? Don't be a lazy bum and work 21 hours/week or less.

CB585 0

i hate wasteful fmls like this one..

well since they are in a frat they kinda get money. You should have tried to get invited to the party

stupid frat guys. should have gotten kegs.