By Anonymous - 28/07/2009 17:25 - Belgium

Today, I went to see a movie. While buying tickets, the girl behind the counter asked to show my ID card to proof I'm at least 16 years old. Not wanting to make a drama, I showed it. She took a look at it and declared it as fake. That ID is real and I'm 24. FML
I agree, your life sucks 59 030
You deserved it 3 338

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Look at it this way - lots of people would kill and pay a good sum of money to look younger.

my friend has this happen to him at a liquor store. Said his ID was fake, though her really was from colorado, and the ID was real. take it as a compliment tho lol

Comments

My brother has been pulled over several times for suspicion of underage driving. The last time he was 28! And at 26, I was constantly questioned by patrons (and even other employees) when I would pour alcohol at the pizza place where I was working. It is a mild inconvenience when you are younger but it comes in handy later in life!

Gavik 0

I'm the same, but you'll look 20 when you're 40, which is awesome too.

brrrx 0

I can't believe how many idiots are on this site. "It must be fake, the age isn't 16!" Jesus Christ, there are countries besides your own! This story made me nervous, I just turned 19 and I haven't used my ID yet because I'm afraid they'll say it's fake.

riliana412 0

thats not a bad thing. think of it as a compliment lol

Glitzytgr 0

That happens to me all the time ...

this happens to me all the time too i'm 19 but most the people i work with are in their 50's or 60's this one lady in particular tells me every time she see's me that i look like I'm 12, it got old after my first week I've been there for 2 years FML

Miso_Soupu 0

I've had a similar experience. I was walking around downtown when some townies asked me if I go to the local university. They thought I was an 18 year old freshman. I was 25 at the time, and worked at the school. It can be difficult for parents to listen to you and take you seriously when they think you are the same age as their children despite being almost a decade older.

Bullshet 0

I get the same thing. I was mistaken for being 12 once, and I'm 22.

My best friend is older than me (she's 25), and she is only 4'10". She comes from a family of really short people, and she has a very young-looking face. Everywhere she goes, people think she's showing them a fake ID. She started having to bring her passport and her driver's license to bars to prove her age. It's really annoying for her.