By DarkPain - 22/01/2009 12:45 - United States

Today, I work for a boss who does everything he can to singlehandedly ruin our company and drive us into the ground. I just got an e-mail from him saying I need to be a more positive and energetic role-model for our team. Pot… meet Kettle. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 323
You deserved it 2 461

Same thing different taste

Top comments

You don't work for a Pennsylvanian branch of a mid-sized paper supply company based in New York City by an chance, do you?

Katy326 10

"the pot calling the kettle black" or as the OP put it "pot meet kettle" is basically calling someone a hypocrite. the boss is trying to bring the company down but then gets mad at his/her employees for not doing a good job, when in fact it is the boss' fault nothing is done right.

Comments

You don't work for a Pennsylvanian branch of a mid-sized paper supply company based in New York City by an chance, do you?

OMG Nice to meet you! I didn't know we both work for the same company!

skyttlz 32

then apparently so am I I don't know what it means what does it mean

Katy326 10

"the pot calling the kettle black" or as the OP put it "pot meet kettle" is basically calling someone a hypocrite. the boss is trying to bring the company down but then gets mad at his/her employees for not doing a good job, when in fact it is the boss' fault nothing is done right.

Thank you, I didn't fully understand it either. But what I want to know is; why are most bosses just complete and utter douchebags?

wow, that made a lot of sense...someone care to explain it? what does a pot and a keyless gave to do with a job and a role model? geez.

The pot (boss) is calling the kettle (OP) black. Otherwise put, the boss is punishing OP for doing something that he does himself on a regular basis, ie: boss is a hypocrite.

spell check messed up my comment, that was supposed to say "what does a pot and a kettle have to do with a job and a role model"

There's a phrase. Pot calling the kettle black. It basically means hypocrite