By kaitiem224 - 22/10/2015 02:52 - United States - Pratt

Today, my boyfriend of one year and seven months left me for not wanting to have a baby yet. I'm seventeen years old. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 066
You deserved it 2 855

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Wizardo 33

And I was like baby, baby, baby noooo.

You're not even old enough to to have sex yet, let alone a baby

Comments

It is hard on you, but you really dodged a bullet. ?

Huh. It's typically the other way around.

dragoongirl90 34

Did you say you don't want babies, or that you don't want them yet? That can be important as to whether you should have been clearer or he's an idiot. I know plenty of people who have broken up for this reason, and what one meant was YET, but they didn't say yet, they made it sound like they didn't want them ever. If he thought you didn't want them ever, he might not want to waste his time. But if he wanted one NOW, then he's lame and you're better off.

I agree. No matter how young I was in a relationship, the guy knew I wanted children when I was old enough. A relationship is going to end 1 of 2 ways. You're either going to break up, or stay together. I didn't want to risk falling in love with someone, and staying together, only to find out they didn't want children. For me it was a deal breaker, and it's not fair of me to out that kind of pressure on someone, not live in resentment of that person because of their wants. She needs to talk to her ex and clarify when he wanted this baby.

embracingsilence 15

Wonder if he'd even stay if you did have a baby together. Good on you for not giving in to pressure like that.

Complete waste of time...but you are better off...

how old is the guy, and what century is he from?

Good for you for standing up for what's right and being one of the only teenager that doesn't want to be a teen mom. And maybe this means to move on and find someone who isn't trying to peer pressure you into something.

Good for you. You gotta take care of yourself first. You can have any guy you want, don't let yourself be pressured into something you don't want by some asshole