This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

By "INDYSTRUCTABLE" - 12/05/2017 14:51

Today, my daughter told me I should have had an abortion or given her up for adoption because I wouldn't buy her a pair of $300 shoes to impress her friends. She's only 13. FML
I agree, your life sucks 8 086
You deserved it 1 495

INDYSTRUCTABLE tells us more.

hi, OP here! wow, I can't believe I finally got posted! Okay, so here's what happened. My daughter got upset because her 2 year old brother was wearing Birkenstocks and she claimed he would grow up to be bullied like she is by her "friends" because those sandals are "lame" & "cheap". I'm not wealthy but i do strive to give them what I consider nice things, or so I thought. For Christmas she got 225 dollar timberland boots and 100 dollar snickers in Feb for her birthday. she ruins most shoes with mud, scrapes and mistreatment within a month! so I don't want to purchase the 300 dollar shoes and see my hard earn money wasted. she argued that she's popular therefore I'm obligated to buy her things to impress her friends. Any gifts I give her such as trips to Victoria secret for new bras is not a "gift" but her right because that's the norm now in 2017. she told me I need to try to give her a better childhood than I had or I should have taken BC or given her up for adoption. (I grew up poor, with 10 shoes from payless) I don't spoil her at all! I'm not wealthy! but her friends are putting these stupid thoughts in her head by telling her their parents spend a 1000 dollars every week on new shoes. (this is a middle class public school, completely false). As a teen mom, I sacrificed so much of my happiness and went without so much so she would never feel "poor" although I struggle greatly to support her alone, so her completely broke my heart and reduced me to tears. I don't want her to be a materialist person. I love the minimalist lifestyle but I don't force it on my family. I try to show them that life's most valuable things have no price tag. I feel like social media is putting these insane unrealistic expectations on kids to get likes. apparently the few compliments on her shoes mentioned above weren't good enough. She is a spoiled rude self entitled brat. I won't be spending a dime on another piece of clothing or shoes for a very long time. by the way this argument took place over the phone, otherwise I might have thrown her through a wall for the disrespect.

Top comments

And that's when you stop buying any fancy clothes and make her realize how fortune she is to have what she has. And when she is old enough to work a PT job, completely stop buying her clothes, make up, and other such nonessentials.

take her to a homeless shelter so she can realize what she's got. if she needs 300$ shoes to impress her friends- what kind of friends are they?

Comments

kick that little brats ass. or will end up growing to be a rude b**ch

That means ur daughter is spoiled or, you should talk to her

PotetGull99 2

She fell into the wrong crowd. Lets hope she doesn't start prostituting for the money to buy what she wants!

The_Watcher76 2

Adoption is still an option!