By Koko - 07/04/2016 16:07 - Germany - Berlin

Today, my dog was so happy to see me that he laid down on his back and started pissing like a fountain. He pissed on everything around him, including me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 19 784
You deserved it 1 942

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kwilkens 15

Was he a golden retriever? Because you just got a golden shower.

The dog is showing submission. Means you're the alpha.

Comments

I know your pain. My rescue of three weeks does that

If I was a dog, I, too, would pee in happiness to find out the human being taking care of me didn't die while out, thereby leaving me alone

My dog pees when she's excited too. Everywhere. It's cute, but not on guests shoes!

I don't know your dog's personality, but the best way to stop the peeing is to build up your pup's confidence. Peeing can be excitement or nerves, but the exposed belly is submission. A submissive dog is not a bad thing at all (they're often easier to work with than dominant dogs), but a dog THAT submissive is probably worrying unnecessarily and would benefit from a boost in confidence. I wish I had some advice for you, but I have very little hands on experience with dogs as submissive as yours. I don't know if I've gotten lucky or if it's the way I raise and train them, but I have ended up with very confident dogs my whole adult life (when they were MY dogs, not family dogs). So my advice to you would be to find a trainer who has experience with submissive dogs and ask about ways to help boost that confidence. In the meantime, you could make use of belly bands to protect your floors, clothes, and anything else he pees on when he gets that way. From what I understand, fear/excitement peeing can be awful to deal with and many dogs get dumped in shelters when the owners stop tolerating it so I commend you for sticking with your dog despite his flaws.

mads_nicole 19

My puppy does this when I get home too

TMO2142 25

i laughed way too hard at this

It's usually a sign of submission when a dog shows its belly in greeting but when it urinates, too, it's a good bet that the animal has been physically abused in some way in its past. The best way to discourage this behavior is to ignore your dog for a few minutes until it calms down and is ready to greet you properly. Also, show him/her lots of love and affection. Abused dogs can sometimes make the best pets.

All my aunts dachshunds did this. None of them were abused and 3 of them were puppies that they had from birth. So to say that it is because they are abused is jumping the gun a bit.