By Teh_dw33bin4tor - 15/03/2012 12:12 - Australia

Today, my girlfriend broke up with me. She said it's a good thing, because it was a "mutual decision", and that while she wouldn't mind staying together, I was the one who wanted to split, and she respected my decision. I wish I had been a part of this delusional conversation. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 357
You deserved it 2 525

Teh_dw33bin4tor tells us more.

Hey, I am kind of astounded this made the front page, but I also realized that I wasn't logged in when I created and submitted this. I'm the OP. I should have phrased this better, but I was running out of room to create the FML. The actual story is that she flat-out broke up with me, and then went around and told all my friends, which happen to also be her friends too, that it was a mutual break-up, but it was my decision for the most part that split us apart, which effectively framed me as the "bad-guy". When I confronted her on it, she first denied telling her (our) friends this, then changed her story to "she couldn't think of what to say". All this while her new "boyfriend" (of 1 day) was helping her move out of my apartment. Sorry for the confusion in the phrasing.

Top comments

Don't forget to remind her of the $50,000 that she promised to give you at the end of that conversation. If she gets to make shit up, so do you.

Well, I guess at least now you won't have to be part of any more delusional conversations with her...

Comments

Sounds like a typical conversation in my life. It's better to let the woman do the thinking for you, since she's going to anyway and hearing your opinion just disappoints them.

Sounds like she was trying to break up with up without looking bad, only to take a left turn into appearing crazy.

lilmisslovely13 15

I can only imagine where that came from

Hahaa that's like exactly what I did to my ex....

You could've piped up at any time I'm sure...?

Good. Maybe you can fill the rest of us in. Why would you do that? Are you too a crazy bitch like OP's ex?

I bet it was mutual after that completely delusional break up lol

It's a good thing you lost that manipulative person. Can't believe she was deceitful enough to try and trick you into thinking that it was your idea. That is ridiculous and cowardly. I'd say YLS, but it's great that she's gone!!

sacredeye73 11

When I say you deserved it, I mean, you deserve much better than that crazy one.

It's easy to say that OP's girlfriend is delusional, but maybe something about OP's body language towards her gave her the message. Well, it still was presumptuous of her to assume that OP wanted to break up with her without talking to him directly about it.