By asausa - 04/05/2013 23:26 - United States - Springfield

Today, my mom came back from a major surgery. She also had a yeast infection. I had to push the applicator in because she couldn't bend down. This cannot be unfelt. FML
I agree, your life sucks 54 272
You deserved it 3 377

asausa tells us more.

Hi! OP here- I didn't realize this was ever published and I finally bothered logging back into my account after 2 years. I'm a girl- so it was less traumatic than it would have been if I was a boy. For those wondering, my mom had her uterus removed , so you can bet she couldn't bend down to put it up. The doctor said the cream was better than the pill so hence that's how I ended up there ...

Top comments

Comments

After doing a health care aids job for a while this isn't so bad... Suppositories and wiping bums are much worse

I think doing it for a living is one thing and you get use to it. Doing it for you mom.. Is a completely different level.

At the time I was doing it for clinical for nursing, wasn't my career lol, but still it's difficult to learn how to be in a persons personal space at first

You stayed there 9 months... Never in the terms and conditions of the agreement did it ever say to go back..for any period of time

I would not have done this for my mother. Ever.

kaybee41906 13

Your dad couldn't have done this?

onorexveritas 23

Uhhhhhh has anyone ever heard of diflucan? One pill for a yeast infection and that is IT!

Not all yeast infections respond to treatment with diflucan.

MzZombicidal 36

You are a great child to her and I apologize for your very, very scarring experience, OP.

They make oral pill form medication for yeast infections that can be described by a doctor. You really didn't have to do that. Gross. You deserved it.

Yes, because it's completely OP's responsibility to get a prescription for his/her mom's infection that he/she might not have even known about until said mom told OP to put in the applicator. Not to mention that maybe OP, despite the grossness of the act, was kind enough to do that instead of making his/her mom wait any longer just to get a prescription, considering what a pain yeast infections can be.

It's also possible that a pill wouldn't have helped OP's mom anyway. Not all yeast infections are created equally, and they don't all respond to oral medication. The vaginal suppository may have been her only option.