By Randall - 25/01/2011 07:28 - United States

Today, my uncle had a flashback to Vietnam. I'm now missing a tooth and have a cracked rib. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 639
You deserved it 3 431

Same thing different taste

Top comments

adult teeth = big $$$ from the tooth fairy :)

well at least he didn't shoot you or something.

Comments

bebz_fml 0
iamsam2 3

it obviously is or she/he wouldn't of posted here:)

whatup360 1

Today, I read fml's and realized they were fake

1) OP is male. 2) It's "have" not "of".

Hey, at least the uncle didn't have a flashback about a Vietnamese prostitute.

I have to agree with 6. There isn't anything funny about this.

try living with someone who has PTSD, it's not funny and you never know when it's coming

so did you atleast give him a handjob I'n cargo shorts

rallets 22

i think it should still be shellshock was he in Hanoi?

BlackOpsPWNR 0

Reminds me of a certain game *cough* Hence *cough* my name.. *cough*

therealdavid 0
death943 10

Back in Nam... We used to squeeze our buttcheeks and pretend they were boobs

well at least he didn't shoot you or something.

why is this an FML so what If he has flashbacks. He has been through things you have never seen and done things you have never done and he did it all for you and the rest America.

my mom is deaf but she is awsome and she always orders at fast food place's but she cant talk

bobkim302 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
knibbsy 4

When your job is to gun down villages that have a "suspected" enemy presence from a mounted machine gun on a helicopter, but the village contains innocent men, women, and children who are getting shot up by you, that's not an experience a doctor will be able to make you cope with just fine and dandy. Or at all.

jrtepechis 6

yes there is . the military is now starting to understand PTSD and are trying to help soldiers coming back from wars to help them cope and return back to living as a civilian and helping them and their families understand the emotional stress that the men and women went thru fighting so that the families and children of the soldier can live in peace at home without any tension .

58 has a point. Fortunately, the movie Full Metal Jacket was fiction, so the soldier in 58's "Get some" scenario doesn't exist.

knibbsy 4

I didn't get owned you idiot. He said the military is starting to understand PTSD now, not the military understood how to treat it back in the years of Vietnam. They didn't know how to effectively treat it back then. My description wasn't based on Full Metal Jacket; it's reality, taken from my next door neighbor who's a Vietnam veteran. My uncle, who is also a Vietnam vet, and one of my father's friends who's a 'Nam vet as well confirmed that stories like my neighbor has told me are reality, and situations like that actually happened many times.

heyygirl14 2

they can't help him dumbass he has what they call Vietnam syndrome

skizzars 2

Post traumatic stress syndrome.... Dumbass.

Some people can't help that and it may be related to PTSD or post traumatic stress disorder. and, it takes a lot to get through that.

PTSD and post traumatic stress disorder ate the same ******* thing dumbass

bnd751 2

She was explaining what PTSD was ******* dumbass...

adult teeth = big $$$ from the tooth fairy :)

Dodge4x4Ram 46

adult teeth have gold sometimes

Hmmm... sounds like your uncle does have some issues. I agree with #15! Good luck on chewing.

DarkHelmet 10

it's time to enlist then. you can get one from Iraq to bring back and whoop his ass with

Idea for a new TV show? Get nutters from different wars and pit them against each other in a cage fight to a soundtrack of machine gun fire.

#28 people suffering from PTSD aren't nutters.

justnbieber 0

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway

exactly! too bad all my respect for you flew out the window when I saw your username.

Hospitals can't do all that much for ribs, can't be bandaged. Hurts to breath, and you let ribs heal naturally.

bh0p 0

mobile? or computers at the hospital, I dunno I'm trying.

Tthe hospital probably told him he had a cracked rib but there's not much they can do for it except send you home with pain meds...

how'd you know he's not? fail @ trying to be smart :/

mariet_fml 23

Or maybe it's been several days. I doubt anyone immediately jumps onto FML.

12 year old girl doesn't know what she's talking about.

MassEffectNerd 0

f your uncles life. he was the one who went to Vietnam and saw all the horrors of war. Not only that but when he got home he wasn't respected as he should of been.

cherry72 13

I agree. not many people on FML are old enough to know that. this is just a bad situation all the way around.

RedPillSucks 31

F both their lives. It's true enough that Vietnam vets (all vets), after having served their country, come back to an unwelcoming country that's not well equipped to reintroduce them into regular society. Mental health services are frowned upon, etc. The families they come back to basically have to cope with the PTSD themselves. The VA just doesn't offer enough services to help, and while there are support groups, a lot of vets wont go to them.