By KillMeNow - 18/10/2011 16:08 - United Kingdom

Today, on my first day of being a trainee teacher in a classroom, I told a boy to stop using that stupid accent or else I'll give him a detention. Turns out he just moved here from Romania. FML
I agree, your life sucks 9 780
You deserved it 74 137

Same thing different taste

Comments

Rule number one: Find out about students (and their backgrounds) before you are in front of them in a classroom.

Did you have any formal education whatsoever? I am majoring in education and one of the first things we learned was to tolerate and accept our students. Furthermore if he wasn't disrupting class you can't give him detention. Learn your stuff before becoming a teacher in charge of children's lives!!!

Jaylan_o 5

That's truly terrible, for both he student and you. I can't recall the amount of times I've seen students torture teachers and make their job absolute hell day after day, completely disregarding what the teacher is trying to provide for them. It is absolutely painful watching a teacher try retain control over a classroom and fail, getting torn apart by those relentless little asshats in the process. I understand this man mistaking the student for a clown, how often do you see a genuine foreign child in your classroom who isn't attempting to cover his/her accent vs. someone feigning a heavy indian/middle eastern accent? I just hope the student didn't have to serve detention and received an apology.

I'm Romanian.....jerk I bet the boy was thinking the same thing about ur accent

2,002 "good job"s and 17,285 "wtf man''s

Even if it wasn't real, who cares if the kid was using a "funny" accent. Who gives out detention for that? Someone's taking their authority get to their head...

If your a teacher you probably shouldn't jump to conclusions like that... You never know which kid is going to tell their parents and whatever you do, you don't want to deal with angry parents

tre4899 0

It was his first day he didnt kno !!!

norisorroz 28

Yeah, we have terrible accents.