Close call

By MC - 14/05/2009 14:11 - Canada

Today, while working at a children's day camp, one of the kids who is allergic to peanuts went into anaphylactic shock. I ran and grabbed the boy's Epipen. I was holding it backwards so the injection went into my hand, causing me to pass out, and both of us to be rushed to hospital. FML
I agree, your life sucks 27 629
You deserved it 56 828

Same thing different taste

Top comments

kellster 2

Not panicking is a good thing. Also, paying attention during the first aid training. And it's "epi pen", for the record.

Too bad you can't spell anything else....

Comments

Please don't work with children ever again. Ever. Or be put in charge of anyone else's saftely, for that matter.

I am pretty sure it says on the epi pen how to use it. Idk I havent seen one in a while but I had to use one before when I was like 10 and somehow manage to do it right. #28 Yea I agree with you if you knew he had a epi pen on him I'm sure they would of should you how to use it just in case. and the fact that you passed out should be the least of your worries you coulda killed the kid.

I could just imagine the OP trying to use a gun and failing at that too...

smiledearx 0

#28 "You could have killed that kid because of your stupidnes" you're not one to talk... im sure stupidness isn't a word & the correct word to use is STUPIDITY.

first of all, if any of you have ever been in that situation then you know its intense and when not calm mistakes are likely to happen. at least he tried. give the guy a break. and you can pass out from too much epi. i work in an ER and i've seen it happen.

heyyou1203 0

i mean, as much as that sucks for both of you and I really hope you're both ok, that was pretty stupid that you used one when you weren't trained on how to. Granted, maybe no one at the camp was?

@33: OP would probably try to load the ammunition backwards.