Charlatans

By freakofnature - 31/03/2012 16:17 - United States - Valparaiso

Today, I visited my new doctor, hoping that he would be able to figure out the cause of the pains I've been having for years. He told me there's nothing he can do, that half the drugs out there cause cancer anyway and that I should look into homeopathy. Great. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 625
You deserved it 2 398

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If you had come to see me, I'd tell you that the cause of your pain is FML commenters making stupid comments, making the same grammatical errors repeatedly, and failing to learn from mistakes. No wait, that's where MY headaches are coming from. Nevermind.

Comments

ca2983 2

Go to a neurologist. It might be fibromyalgia

Homeopathy is an even bigger joke than your doctor.

sweetmama88 6

Go to a different doctor, like a specialist .

I agree with the post that got voted down. My dad's a doctor and 9 times out of 10 he recommends some kind of homeopathic remedy as opposed to modern medicine. People need to learn to take care of themselves.

Epiqness 0

YDI for spending time with the idiot.

timv94 4

What kind of pain have you been experiencing??? I am a med student so I might be able to help.

jkercher 0

Riddle me this: If all modern medicines cause cancer, why hasn't there been a notably sharp rise in incidence of cancer in recent years? I'll admit that some medications out there can increase the risk* of the disease, but at the same time there are many well-establised drugs out there (including most analgesics) which have been shown to be perfectly safe, even in long term treatment. Seriously, please report the doctor if you do nothing else. He is clearly breaching his duty of care towards patients by using scare tactics to coerce them into treatment regimens with little or no (non-circumstantial) evidence to support them. I'm not going to sit here and forbid people from taking homeopathic treatments, but at the same time I believe these decisions should still be made fully-informed of the true benefits and risks of the conventional alternatives. *Be careful - bias reports will say 'TAKING ASPIRIN INCREASES RISK OF MOUTH CANCER BY THREE' where in reality the increased risk is something like 1 patients in 100,000 to 3 patients in 100,000. Never trust newspaper articles on these things.

"If all modern medicines cause cancer, why hasn't there been a notably sharp rise in incidence of cancer in recent years?" I don't believe all modern medicines cause cancer, but you fail to recognise that if modern medicine caused cancer we wouldn't actually have an increased incidence yet. Give it 10 years and you'll have your answer.