Charming

By Anonymous - 18/05/2009 16:46 - Egypt

Spicy
Today, the man I was going on a dinner date with bought me an expensive necklace. We got to the table he had reserved when his friend came and sat with us. Somehow, the subject of getting it on came up. My date then said, "Expensive jewelry - one way ticket to her pants." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 032
You deserved it 6 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

poolshark 0

Now would be a good time to tell him about your recent vow of celibacy...

Hm...I'd have said I was going to the bathroom, and then leave. You get to leave him behind and keep the necklace - score!

Comments

ManganeseDream 0

Arabs are the cwaaaziest people!!!

if you like him that great, but I would ask you to please stay away from him, any man that says that is a creap, but look for another guy. RI

Poolshark, that was awesome! Celibacy for the win! Seriously, I hope the Original Poster never ever sleeps with him ... and returns that necklace. That pig needs to know he brought the wrong ticket.

crappucino 0

At least he got you jewelry, most guys expect sex just for buying u dinner lol

ch_kisama 0

keep the jewelry and dump his ass

He means 'Inside her pants', right. 'Cause if it's 'to her pants', the pants would be all he wanted (that's slightly better or worse depending on how you look at it).

pizzaboy1138 0

Well, good news is: You're gonna get some really nice jewelry!

I hope the OP dumped him and pawned the necklace. You know, if a woman that I was into took me out to dinner, bought me something cool, and made an off-handed joke about getting into my pants, I certainly wouldn't feel obligated to pay her back with sexual favors. I would VOLUNTEER to pay her back with sexual favors. Meh, maybe I'm easy.

While there's certainly no obligation to have sex if a man gives a woman a gift, I think there's still an implicit understanding that that's what he's after. Most people, when given a gift or a favor (or just plain kindness for that matter), feel a sense of gratitude to the giver and feel obliged to to somehow repay them--a reaction all too often exploited by salesmen and con artists. Giving gifts in exchange for sex follows the same principle. By giving a gift, a man creates a sense of obligation on the part of the recipient, who then repays him with sex. Of course, this is all under the table and is rather simplified. It's understood on some level, but many people would deny it in the open. Also, the recipient can still decide whether the gift is "worth it" (or if they wanted to have sex with the guy anyway but see this as sweetening the deal). The polite thing to do is decline the gift if you're not interested, but one who doesn't care for politeness and has sex appeal can use this as a source of free gifts without ever paying anyone back.

mcsnelly 5

#123--Whether the person giving a gift expects something in return, it doesn't mean the recipient has to do anything. If the two are in a relationship (or even just starting one), so what? People give gifts without expecting anything in return. They do it to show affection. And if they *only* give gifts to get something in return, then they are an asshole. And if someone accepts a gift from someone their dating without the intention of having sex with them because of it, why is everyone acting like its such a horrible thing? If the person isn't interested at all in the one giving the gift then, no, they shouldn't accept the expensive gift. But if they are interested, and the two are in a relationship, then accepting the gift shouldn't mean they have to "repay" the other with sex. It's a GIFT. If the guy doesn't want to give a gift without expecting something in return, he shouldn't be giving it.