Charming

By Anonymous - 18/05/2009 16:46 - Egypt

Spicy
Today, the man I was going on a dinner date with bought me an expensive necklace. We got to the table he had reserved when his friend came and sat with us. Somehow, the subject of getting it on came up. My date then said, "Expensive jewelry - one way ticket to her pants." FML
I agree, your life sucks 56 032
You deserved it 6 715

Same thing different taste

Top comments

poolshark 0

Now would be a good time to tell him about your recent vow of celibacy...

Hm...I'd have said I was going to the bathroom, and then leave. You get to leave him behind and keep the necklace - score!

Comments

#94/RespondomaticMan: I get what you're saying, in a sense, when you put it in evolutionary terms. However, when you say, "to show her that he is not only able to feed and support her now, but also able to do so for the children," it ignores the fact that in many cases, in today's modern time, women are able to purchase their own necklaces. Or, even if a woman was not able to purchase her own luxury item, she is at least capable of getting her own paycheck and providing for herself. A guy buying her dinner doesn't man as much anymore because in today's time, it is only necessary, not sufficient, to win her affections. I'm sure #91 has his/her own answer, but that's my opinion.

Well that wouldn't work for me. I hope you didn't prove him right.

Octiskeet 0

#39- I'm sensing some lady issues here. Bitter and resentful, much?

hoops387 0

a free necklace and and by his public display of duchbagery a free ticket to get out of sex. perfect date.

Octiskeet 0

Also, I'm appalled at how many pigs are leaving comments on this. Seriously guys? Expensive jewelry/dinners/gifts are a proposition for sex? Possibly in the 1800's, but certainly not in the current times. If men want to be generous, they should be generous for the sake of showing their affection (if that is indeed how they like to show it). It in no way poses an obligation on the woman to put out. Honestly, being generous just to get in someone's panties is a douchebag mentality. Don't get all resentful and butthurt when us women don't give in to your crappy thinking. Also, whomever said "If you can't be his why should his generous gifts be yours?" -Uhhhhh, because it's a GIFT, and said man decided, completely on his own, to GIVE this GIFT to the lady. What a pig you are.

Well, assuming that's true, YDI for being so materialistic. He shouldn't feel like he has to get you expensive jewelry to get anything in return from you. You're supposed to love him for who he is. You're lucky he wants you enough to spend that kind of money on you.

Everyone's missing one main point. If this FML is from Egypt, the OP has a high chance of being muslim, meaning that she's an inferior citizen in her own culture where men have a lil' more authority. Wouldn't it be kinda natural for a guy to think he could do what he wants and say what he wants?

#8 is an ignoramus. FML is worldwide, did you think it wouldn't be in the Caribbean too? Think again =D

are you saying that egypt is in the caribbean?

jessb_fml 0

VERY funny! Sounds like one of those jokes I would crack to break the ice, and then nobody would laugh and everything would go awkward from there on.