Cheater

By Anonymous - 04/11/2019 22:15

Today, as I was finalizing my divorce with my soon to be ex-wife, she thought it would be a good idea to bring our two children to the divorce court. Before custody was put in place my ex-wife gave them both a piece of candy and promised them a trip to Disneyland they chose her. FML
I agree, your life sucks 2 718
You deserved it 226

Same thing different taste

Top comments

The amount of anger I have for parents who use their children like this cannot be contained.

so long as you're not a dick, they'll be all yours once they see what a vindictive twat waffle their mother is

Comments

Mathalamus 24

Seems about standard as divorces go.

Children don't stay children forever

so long as you're not a dick, they'll be all yours once they see what a vindictive twat waffle their mother is

tounces7 27

Not before the mother pretty much wrecks their entire childhood. People like that destroy their children.

E2dav 5

Not always. I had a father like that. Actually drove me away from both my parents just to avoid their shitty conflict. But it didn't ruin my childhood, cos their negativity was out of my life. This woman will drive the kids away with this behaviour.

The amount of anger I have for parents who use their children like this cannot be contained.

Before either parent is awarded custody the children are interviewed and questioned. Very rarely do small children get to make the decision. And its never decided in court without the judge even speaking to the children.

bl3ur0z3 17

My so. turns 18 in two days and hasn't spoken to his father in nearly 2 years because his father played the same games. Children grow up and eventually their love can't be bought. Btw, I hope you mentioned to the judge their reason for choosing her. My judge didn't appreciate my ex's bribery.

It’s a dog eat dog world out there buddy

Don't worry, they'll remember that she's a liar when she doesn't follow through.

If they're young enough for that to work they're too young for their choice to be the final say. It might influence the judge but not more than everything else about the case.

bl3ur0z3 17

Not true. Many courts will consider the child's input from age 12. My son was offered a new PS4 if he said my house was dirty and I never spend time with him or help with homework. Which was great for him since we were in court over the atrocious action of my grounding him from his phone. Luckily, my judge didn't want to hear it. But some judges do.

Oh, that’s a dick move. I’m sorry your children are being used as pawns. I hope you’ll be the bigger person and not shit talk the other parent; I remember how that made me feel when my parents split. Best of luck to you and your offspring