Creepy

By JustClaire95 - This FML is from back in 2014 but it's good stuff - United States - San Francisco

Today, my dad told me that I can't wear leggings on Friday nights, because, "your butt is too distracting for my poker buddies." FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 106
You deserved it 16 520

JustClaire95 tells us more.

I'll prob just wear jeans from now on. Though it'd be funny to see them react to a mini skirt lol!

Top comments

flowerbug 4

Leggings are not pants anyways.

kakakarotcake 17

or maybe he keeps catching his friends peeping at his daughter

Comments

Your dads an idiot. Having his friends distracted gives him an advantage in the game. He should be telling you to bend over more, not change your pants.

ninjuh_wingman 29

Yea cause the thing a father wants to have is his friends staring at his daughter's ass.

PresidentNorth 16
PresidentNorth 16

the dude said you should be bending over more. but in my head I figured the last thing your dad would do would be to make you bend over in front of all his friends.

I think #21 was saying anyone else but his daughter.

U could take that as a compliment ...though I find that kind of creepy

novapine 19

if you find it creepy, then why tell OP that?

To everyone saying the dad should use it to his advantage: what kind of father would he be if he let grown men objectify his daughter like that?

He's already the kind of father who teaches his daughter that it's wrong for her to dress comfortably in her own house and, instead, she needs to dress in a way that suits his male friends.

I'll prob just wear jeans from now on. Though it'd be funny to see them react to a mini skirt lol!

Join in and say you want to play strip poker. XD

ninjuh_wingman 29

I think if you wore a mini skirt, all of your dad's friends would be pitching some tents.

meli1195 31

they would go crazy if I suggested that lol

you should probably respect your dad in HIS house. I'd be pissed too if I caught them looking at my daughter, but at the same time, you should respect his wishes. maybe just by not being in the same room as them when they play poker.

Badkarma4u 17

Your dad should wait until your girlfriends are around then walk around in spandex tights. How would you feel when your friends comment on the size of your dads junk

Lol who dyou think your father would hit first, you or his (former) friends ? I guess you'd better not to try the mini skirt :)

Comment moderated for rule-breaking.

Show it anyway
carterjanelle 9

Yes, 127, because OP's dad has absolutley NO right to tell her what not to wear, though she's under HIS roof. Parents apparently have no place to tell their children what they can and cannot do.

Why would that be funny? That would be you just asking for the attention from the older men and further upsetting your father. Grow up.

Love your bio- "just don't ask me how old I am first" (95 is in your name and profile says 18) lol do people really ask after all that?

#127 sometimes people tell you that you should/shouldn't do things for your OWN GOOD. Sometimes people are just trying to look out for you instead of trying to control you, so it's really not a very smart idea to tell someone not to listen to her father in his OWN house where he sees how perverted his friends are and is just trying to prevent more from happening. Always purposely doing the opposite of what other people tell you makes a person kind of immature.

Based on your profile picture, I can see why they'd get distracted. Not being creepy, you're just really pretty :)

I'd like to add my two cents to this entire thread. True, it may be her fathers house- but it is still her home. Home is the place where everyone, male or female, should feel safe and comfortable wearing whatever they want. Home is the place where obnoxious and hilarious fathers walk around in their underpants; where moms often skip make up, and where oversized t-shirts as short as minidresses on some girls count as pj's. I see no issue with opaque leggings being worn as comfy pants in ones own home; though to wear leggings in public, a covered booty is only decent. My point is that no young woman should have to be overtly objectified in her own home for lounging around in comfort, ever. She should not have to alter her behavior in her safe realm, for male guests who are too immature to allow the fact that she is underage (or at least off limits) to be an immediate turn off. I frankly find it sickening that her father did not choose to stand up for his daughter in this situation. Perchance he should be inviting gentlemen into his home rather than sleazebags who choose to ogle his daughter.

for real! what of one of those men end up raping her. nobody knows! no matter how friendly, this isnt something to even consider doing. like even thinking about it. if she really thought the leggings were fml, what makes her think mini skirt will be better or funny?. This is why we can't have nice things in this world.

amen. like I'm like not even kidding. that is so true.

Guess you have a thing for older men who are old enough to be your father.. I hope you're not a minor.

Rainhawk94 27

Wear a mini skirt because it'll be funny? Your dad should show your friends a picture of you as a fat baby because its funny

jazzy_123 20

yeah, ok. OPs dad should probably defend her, but he's just asking her for a small favor. I'm sure he doesn't feel good seeing his friends eyes wander from their cards to across the room. Guys will be guys and that's it. Saying she could get raped is very extreme and I'm sure the father knows them better than that. Yeah it's better to be safe than sorry and I don't want to make it seem like in justifying anything, but come on, you can tell when it's just oggling and when it's something more than that. My bfs friends always stare when I wear leggings and it doesn't really bother him. My brothers friends, who are older than me, check me out and he sometimes tells them to stop but at the same he knows he can't stop them because my ass is huge. It used to bother me all the time, it still does sometimes but I learn to shrug it off because as I said, guys will be guys. Also, OP doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Kuro_Kamen 12

@221, I get what you're saying, but her dad, who owns the house, has friends. Considering OP's age and the way she looks in her profile I'd tell her to put some actual pants on unless she's gonna exercise. She should at least wear something modest when dad has visitors.

@235: If guys will be guys and ogle someone clearly younger than them, then girls will be girl and wear comfortable clothing in their own home. Don't even try to justify that kind of behavior; not all guys are sleazeballs who behave like that. "Guys will be guys"? Shame on you.

YDIoveragain 4

#221 your logic is not right. at home you can do whatever you like and wear nothing at all for all i care but with guests over that a different story.

It kinda creeps me out that you're trying to play off the pervertedness of old men. How old are you?! Seriously. Then again, this entire post is about attention and it would have been a lot better had you not commented on it with your creepy ideas on how to turn these old men on more. Ew.

YDIoveragain 4

#221 your logic is not right. at home you can do whatever you like and wear nothing at all for all i care but with guests over that a different story.

If my poker buddies were drooling/distracted over my daughter I'd be smacking the shit out of them not telling her to change what she's comfortable wearing...

ckyorelse 18

because its easy to not stare at a hot 18 year old wearing leggings. sorry but it's normal for us to stare at a work of art

Actually it's pretty damn easy NOT to 'stare' at a hot young woman... It's called self control son, ESPECIALLY if it's a friend's young daughter

#95: It's this mindset that leads to so many justifications of sexual abuse and harassment. "I couldn't help it... It's evolution... It's genetics..." Actually no, it's a little something called willpower.

xcookie_loverx 3

95: My brother is 20 and doesn't stare at women like they are a ******* piece of meat. It's called RESPECTING WOMEN. ******* pervert

xcookie_loverx 3

22:My boyfriend would do the same thing as you, but he would throw them out after beating the shit out of them

I think it's a mix of the daughter staying away from her dad's friends on Friday nights and the dad putting his friends in their place. Unfortunately some men have no self control so women have to be a little more careful about certain things. Those "friends" should really learn some damn respect.

olpally 32

Creepy and yeah, just wear jeans from now on.

Well, you probably shouldn't be wearing leggings as if they're pants anyway, so.. There's that...

She's in her own home. I'm sorry but when you're in your own house you should be able to dress however the hell you want. Her dad's friends should really learn respect and self control. And how do you know she's wearing them like pants? Maybe she's wearing them in a normal way and her dad's friends are just nasty perverts. You never know...

A skirt, dress, or long shirt could keep her covered good enough that she probably wouldn't get those comments.

Rainhawk94 27

#189 if there are guests over you cant dress however you want, if you wanna dress like a bum then i would stay in my room until the guests left

Double agreed. There's ways to be comfy and decent, but in public or with guests you should wear.. You know... Pants.

meli1195 31

Why don't guys understand the concept of leggings?? Leggings are something girls wear so they can be comfortable but also not look like a bum like they do when they wear sweats