Creepy

By bubba - 17/10/2011 10:02 - China

Today, my boyfriend of 3 years felt comfortable enough with me to disclose that he had previously spent 4 years in a mental institute because he tried to kill his mother. He also told me we will be together forever. I'm scared. FML
I agree, your life sucks 58 457
You deserved it 5 386

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Don't worry, if he wants to be together forever he's probably not planning on killing you any time soon

I cant wait to see his reaction when you guys break up.

Comments

wrwrestler7 1

1- You've been with him for 3 years, nothing bad has happened. I think you're being a little paranoid. 2- He was released for a reason, he got better. 3- He was clearly abused, you only go to a psychiatric hospital like that if there was trauma involved that needed fixing. His mom abused him, he was reacting somewhat normally under the abuse, and he had suffered emotional damage. It became fixed, and I doubt he ever considered killing anybody but his mom in the FIRST PLACE. 4- I DON'T GET WHY HIM SAYING "WE'LL BE TOGETHER FOREVER" IS A TURN OFF, OR SCARY/OBSESSIVE! People that truly love each other, usually want to be together forever. They JUST DONT ADMIT IT. At the time, if you really ARE lucky enough to be in a relationship where you BOTH love each other (as this one), its NOT UNCOMMON for one or both of the people to want to be in it forever. He didn't say "we WILL be in this forever, NO MATTER WHAT." He didnt say "your opinion on this doesnt matter to me, my mind is made up." He didnt say "ill kill you if youll leave" or "I'll go crazy again if you leave me". STOP PUTTING WORDS INTO HIS MOUTH. All he said was A GOOD THING! It's crazy, our cultures women are now a bunch of wh*res who think that "wanting to be together forever" is creepy and wrong and clingy. WHAT DOES THE BIBLE SAY?! DOES IT SAY TO GET MARRIED AND THEN DIVORCE A YEAR LATER?! DOES IT SAY TO HAVE LUSTFUL, MEANINGLESS SEX SO YOU CAN HAVE BRIEF PLEASURE, WHILE RISKING LIFE THREATENING STD'S OR PREGNANCY WITH THE WRONG PERSON? NO! IT SAYS "A LIFELONG COVENANT IN MARRIAGE"!! ========================= bottom line, him trying to KILL HIS MOM was WRONG. however, he was MENTALLY TRAUMATIZED, and now he is BETTER. You should give him a chance. 5- Supposing he WAS unstable. YTF would you dump him?! If its danger your worried about, your in A HUNDRED TIMES more danger if you DUMP HIM than if you keep you both happy by staying with him.

You spent all your time writing that just to get thumbed down.

Wow. What does the bible say about lying? Read my comment 2 above.

RavingRavyn 4

K you have already been with him 3 years, and in those 3 years he never displayed any signs of going off the deep end I assume? Thus dont over react, and just keep an eye out for weird behavior. :)

jtsyanks 2

yea thats smart, write about something like this on a website thats known worldwide, i hope he comes after you now for you stupidity. this is in no way an FML

kp4294 2

That freakin sucks. I would lock my doors and windows at night after I broke up with him. Sleep with a gun under your pillow.

its gonna play on your mind everytime you say or so something he doesnt like..

Daelda 6

I would imagine that he is still seeing a therapist? He at least has a diagnosis of what he was suffering from. I would recommend that you both go to a Psychologist to discuss his mental illness, the events surrounding the attack, and his subsequent treatment and recovery. I can understand your concern, but it may or may not be disproportionate to the reality of the situation. Right now you need knowledge, assurance, and the advice of someone who is a qualified professional in the area of mental illness. Remember, mental illness is much more common than most people think and that the majority of the Mentally Ill never harm anyone. Get the facts before you make any major decisions.

Just don't ask him to take out the trash! :D

Although killing someone is certainly not normal, it doesn't mean that he is abnormal. He didn't succeed in the first place (maybe because he couldn't, mabye because he wouldn't). But I think a whole lot of people have thought about killing someone, fantasized about it, wanted it.. Who knows what kind of person his mother is/was?