Dang y'all

By Kayak - This FML is from back in 2013 but it's good stuff - United Kingdom

Today, I was verbally abused by a tourist because neither I nor anyone else in my country can speak "proper English". We're in England - clue's in the name, dipshit. FML
I agree, your life sucks 44 794
You deserved it 4 557

Same thing different taste

Top comments

challan 19

I'm dying to ask what country the tourist was from, but I'm petrified that you'll say the states.

Comments

destinyisdead 5

My mother in law, believes that the US was here first, England copied us and screwed everything up. oh, and that they can't even speak english right. Then again, she didn't finish middle school. I would think the tourist was her, but she's so screwed up she can't leave her house.

Brightbulb 39

#59- I did, and seeing as I'm an American, people still claim I speak improperly. A person just cannot win; no matter if they know the full dynamic of the language and cultural idioms, or if they simply speak what they learned through exposer.

Yeah, Americans are taught differently. Doesn't change the fact that America is about 60% full of idiots who think they're better than everyone else. Sad, but true. FYL :/

it's just as bad as how Americans think Canadians all talk like we're from Newfoundland.

I don't speak "English" I speak American there is a huge difference! All languages have varying dialect depending on area but in the states it's not "English"

So you speak English with some kind of American accent. You still speak English. And this is why the rest of the world thinks Americans are stupid.