Don't let them get you down

By Anonymous - 03/04/2012 17:48 - United States - Tucson

Today, I went to McDonald's and ordered a Happy Meal with a girl's toy. The high school girls behind the counter said I was too old to be served one, and I had to go home and explain to my sick daughter why she didn't get her toy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 46 300
You deserved it 5 253

Same thing different taste

Top comments

jillianmathers12 13

That is so sad! I hope you complained to the manager!

You need to call corporate cause even adults are allowed to order and enjoy the happy meal. They'll give you a free meal

Comments

Oh come on ! I've been working in many different fast foods, including McDo, and I always served child menu to anyone asking for one. This girl should know better about her own job, which is making money no matter what, and gain the loyalty of the costumers. She did all that wrong. (But it doesn't mean she's stupid, or bitch, or whatever she's freely insulted by people safe behind their computers. It means her manager didn't explain the job properly)

They were very rude and unprofessional. It doesn't matter if you look too old for a happy meal toy, they should've given it to you regardless. I know it isn't a big deal, but you could take that to their manager. I hope your daughter feels better OP!

BellaMarta 19

Could've told them that classic line, "The customer is always right."

Next time tell them its for your daughter.

alwaysbored13 14

You completely deserve it. Grow a backbone, some people think they run the world and people like you that let them do as they please further encourage their bitchy behaviour. Or perhaps you hate conflict ... But is pride more important than a sick family member ?

Why was she getting McDonalds if she was sick?

vgc_fml 2

This reminds me of the one time when I was six, my family and I were at McDonald's. My mom asked me to get two kiddie cones, one for me and one for my 4 year old sister. When I went to the counter asked for them, the woman bitched me out for being greedy for wanting two of them. Being six, I was too stunned by the fact I was being yelled at to explain that one of them was for my sister. Wow, thanks fml for bringing back a long repressed memory! For those wondering: Kiddie cones were little tiny ice cream cones that McDonald's gave to kids free. I don't even know if they do that anymore.

zander4310 5

go through the drive thru next time

jmichael11 9

Just open your mouth and tell the super intelligent person that works a McDonald's that it is for daughter.

AcidRaen 4

I'm pretty sure they aren't allowed to do that. Are they gonna deny someone ordering a happy meal in the drive thru too? They are idiots but you should have told them it was for your daughter.