How ironic

By Anonymous - This FML is from back in 2009 but it's good stuff - New Zealand

Today, I'd gathered enough solid evidence to justify dumping my cheating girlfriend. When I turned up, she broke up with me before I had a chance to confront her. Why? Apparently I have trust issues. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 773
You deserved it 8 540

Top comments

alex_vik 0

Well when you're cheating on someone, of course they're gonna have trust issues.

Did you at least get to tell her you knew she was cheating?...

Comments

Bangarang_Rufio 0

Gotta say, if you need justification to tell someone "I don't want to be with you" then you're going to have a tough time in life buddy. You should have left the moment the trust was gone. Try not to suck balls next time.

i agree with #31..how is this an FML? except for the fact that you wasted your time trying to break up with her haha and she did it for you.

jnic 0

Er... so WAS she actually cheating? If so, FYL. But maybe you spent too much time gathering evidence... first of all, that's a little OCD, and second of all, cheaters are liars too, and shamelessly so. She would probably just try to deny all of it anyway. If she didn't cheat, you're jealous and psychotic and thank god she dumped you.

lmmmr 0

And how does that justify cheating on her?

#33 I never thought that could happen until it really did. My girlfriend's brain wasn't a court of law, so there was no way to prove my innocence. I was convicted with no due process!

What's the downside here? Because she done it first or cause you wanted to see her face when you'd be showing her the evidence?

nonynony 0

I had a similar issue with an ex-boyfriend. I actually SAW another girl giving him a BJ (but backed away quickly; dunno why, just panic/hurt/etc). When I confronted him, he came back at me with "I can't believe you'd hurt our relationship with these kind of accusations." I was SO infuriated that he'd actually try to make it out like I was the problem. Just remind yourself that they're saying it out of guilt. If it's true, they know it, and they know you know. It's just peoples' nature to deny it and try to transfer blame.

I wouldn't worry about it, it might have not gone as you planned but either way, you're out of the relationship and that's what you were looking for. I am just wondering, exactly how much "evidence" did you have to gather before justifying dumping your girlfriend? I would think one piece of solid evidence is good, it's a break-up not a court case :/

applejackk 0

you remind me of one of those nerdy dudes who try to break up with their gfs furst so they can seem strong or manly or something. Your so effin stupid. Shes smart . Haaa