This is a Nearly FML. It’s an FML, nearly. It got positive votes from the users, by wasn’t approved by our team.

It's high school all over again

By Targeted - 01/02/2017 01:00 - Australia - Brisbane

Today, I finally made a good friend at work. My boss has given me a file note saying my friend and I are not to have our lunch break together. Apparently, others feel left out. FML
I agree, your life sucks 6 187
You deserved it 374

Top comments

Ugh, you can be friends whoever you want and your boss cannot tell what to do on that. Plus, are just jealous.

How dare you make a friend? What is wrong with you?!?!! Do you not consider the feelings of others you insensitive bugger... Nope, I tried to take his side but I don't get it.

Comments

How dare you make a friend? What is wrong with you?!?!! Do you not consider the feelings of others you insensitive bugger... Nope, I tried to take his side but I don't get it.

Ugh, you can be friends whoever you want and your boss cannot tell what to do on that. Plus, are just jealous.

I feel like this can be something taken up with hr. If you're on your break and clocked out it shouldn't matter who you talk to.

I don't think he can tell you what to do on your break.

TabooSushi 24

I'm not sure how things are done there in Australia, but here in the States your boss is not allowed to dictate what you do on your break or who you spend it with so long as you don't go around destroying company property or something else illegal. I would see if you could call your H.R office and make an inquiry about such high handed behavior from your boss. It is not your reaponsibility to cater to the childish feelings of others in your workplace.

TabooSushi 24

Tried to edit but FML was being silly. I wanted to add: If these "others" in your workplace feel so "left out," they should ask to join you and your friend and maybe become friends with you themselves. Otherwise, they can STFU and have nobody to blame but themselves.

jcash52426 5

You do know there is life after work for you to hang out with your new friend. And you boss is an asshole!

turnabouttrial 21

Do you work for Michael Scott?

My boss did something similar. He told me and my friend that we aren't to be friends on the clock because all we do is talk and not get any work done, which isn't true. He and I are the hardest working employees he has.

TheyCallMeDamien 17