Numb to the pain

By sorenips - This FML is from back in 2011 but it's good stuff - Canada

Today, after a great treadmill run at my gym, I noticed a stain on my clothing. Apparently my nipple chafed so badly that it bled through my white t-shirt, and I'd walked around the gym completely oblivious. FML
I agree, your life sucks 31 521
You deserved it 3 973

Top comments

If this is a female, why would you not wear a sports bra or something if that nature to the gym. If this is a man, FYL since you must have some huge nipples...

Comments

I don't know about you, but most peoples nipples are pretty sensitive. How could you not notice they were chafing at all? Let alone to the point of bleeding?

Actually, it's obvious from reading this FML that the posters nipples are not sensitive; you therefore do know about him/ her. Clearly chaffed bleeding nipples + not noticing = very un-sensitive nipples.

I don't understand how that could even happen...

winnn_fml 0

so you didnt feel any pain at all?

izzy7 11

That actually happens more often than people think, because the salt causes excess friction. It's especially prevalent in running marathons.

Nipples are the only part of your body that can't get calloused, so they sweat, leaving behind a layer of salt that is rough like sandpaper. Add a shirt to that combo and of course you're going to get raw and even bloody nipples. Cracked.com ftw!

mistersheezy 7

What was that shirt made of, sandpaper?!?

Happens quite a lot to rookie runners. Vaseline lotion is what you need. And if the people at your gym were anything near athletes one of them would have told you. Lâche pas!