By purrtygirl - 09/06/2009 06:44 - United States

Today, a guy from my school came into my work. I know him but I'd forgotten his name. I didn't want to be rude and ask for his name when he probably expected me to know it, so, thinking I was clever, I said, "How do you spell your name again?" His name is Rob. FML
I agree, your life sucks 16 129
You deserved it 55 435

Same thing different taste

Top comments

I always play the "how old are you?". "I dont believe you", "prove it, show me your license". Flattery makes people blind :)

Meh - I know a Robb or two. You could have made a semi graceful recovery - "Thought so, but my (fake) cousin has an extra 'b' in his".

Comments

stephatwestern 0

ah haha I've done that before. The girl in this case was named Kelsey. I haven't seen very many variations of that name...

libster 0

This is when you say "no, no, no! I know how to spell "rob"! Your LAST name!" Unless his name is smith...

I've done that before! His name was Ben!

seb12992 0

LOL, one of the funnier FMLs that have been posted.

Luauauauaua 0

This was posted before, but the guy's name was Ben......Copying?

that's happened to me. luckily his name's "steven" so it worked (could've been stephen)

WTFIWWP 0

Hey clever, "is that one or 2 b's?"

Lol. Why did you need to know there name? XD I woulda just spent the whole time calling them 'you'. I mean you were at work. You guys couldn't have talked THAT long. Haha. :P And since you weren't good friends I'm sure they would understand if you forgot their name. :)

pats_54 0

see next time that happens just say "oh thats nice but meant your LAST name."