By simply_meeeee - 20/07/2015 15:10 - United States - Glen Carbon

Today, after hours of waiting in line, I finally met my favorite band. After posing for a picture, I looked at my phone to find that instead of taking a picture with me and the band, my friend took selfies. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 774
You deserved it 2 984

simply_meeeee tells us more.

I'm surprised mine got published! And yeah, I was furious with her. Consider her unfriended!

Top comments

giantsfan2010 23

Just reading this fml pissed me off. Can't imagine how upset you are.

ashleyrose465 16

That sucks, I would be devastated and angry at the same time!

Comments

What friend? Clearly that person is no longer your friend.

FieldLeftBlank 20

On purpose or your phone has a front camera and your friend doesn't do well with technology?

Wow that's terrible. I know what it's like to wait to meet your favorite band, I can't even imagine is someone did that to me! Sorry op! Also, what band was it?

Those are some shitty picture taking skills.

Im guessing it was either Hey Violet or 5sos. And If I was in your shoes I would of punched the friend in the face.

Why did you guess it was 5sos or hey violet?

shepardkinz 19

I don't think I could be friends with her anymore.

I'm surprised mine got published! And yeah, I was furious with her. Consider her unfriended!

Did you confront her? Was it an honest mistake or done on purpose? Either way though, crappy friend.

I agree with #49 but if the OP stopped being friends with her, then that probably means it wasn't an accidental selfie.

You're actually surprised this got published? If somebody did something like this to me, I'd *expect* it to be published. People love idolizing strangers and put lots of arbitrary importance on them. Oh well. Only one more birthday until you can follow them on tour and meet them again.

There's no way it could've been an accident. She's a crappy friend for doing that. Also i'm curious, what band was it?

xluciferx666 21

What band? And that was very shitty of her

Hope this favourite band of yours will be around in town sometime soon and that you will get to meet them again! Lets just hope the next time it happens, it will be anyone but this "friend" of yours who takes the pictures for you.

It depends how good your friend is. If you have a good friend please consider making things right again. I know she did you wrong but trust me loyal friends are very hard to come by. Just a thought ?

Just because she pulled a silly joke on you doesn't mean you should unfriend her... Geez, Band>Friends?

Exactly, and now OP has a friend gap free for a loyal one. YAY!

leogachi 15

@98 That's not just some silly joke. That's a once in a lifetime opportunity for most people and Op's friend decided for her that getting pictures of it didn't matter.

#98, that is not some stupid joke. If it was a famous band, it could have been a once in a life time chance.

If it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity, you don't care enough to make it happen again and you're seriously overestimating how important it actually is.

leogachi 15

@111 Seeing the band live more than once? Definitely possible. Being able to talk to them and take pictures? Most people can't just make that happen, no matter how much they want it. Even if it's only a huge deal to me, my friend should be able to understand that.

#111, I have seen Falling in Reverse twice so far. Of course I can keep seeing them in concert, that isn't the problem. The once in a life time chance is meeting the band which I haven't been able to do yet. Last year I saw Mindless self indulgence in concert and was able to meet the band. Since MSI is on a hiatus right now, that is probably my only time of ever meeting them

You don't want it bad enough, then. You may never see them together in a group again, but it's silly to think you can't track them down individually to meet them; this isn't the end of their careers or lives. Is it simple enough for you? Does everybody understand? Are you all still following me?

leogachi 15

@117 Are you serious? That's what stalkers do. Are you a stalker, or are you just trolling?

Seriously? You don't know if the band is even from the same country as OP, yet you think tracking them down individually is not just a possibility, but a quick and easy solution. Reality check, buddy.

tarlax 11

Guys don't bother. He's on FML to do 2 things: troll and stroke his own over inflated ego. Don't feed the sad little kid.

If they're important enough for you to idolize them, why are they not important enough for you to stalk? Also, Tarlax, you're really cute and everything, but you waste way too much energy messaging my friends about me. Why not just message me yourself instead of blocking me? Afraid of confrontation?

MSI is definitely coming back, you'll get another chance!

It is a once in a lifetime chance. Concert tickets are several hundred dollars so to meet a band would be much more. To wait in line and pay good money to have a quick chat and get autographs and photos would be a once in a lifetime chance, especially if you live in a country in which very little artists go to *ahem Australia*. They are lucky to get unfriended. I would have honestly full out bitched at them.

Why did you guess it was 5sos or hey violet