By Porcelain - 03/10/2009 13:47 - United States

Today, during the opening night performance of our schools musical, while I wasn't on stage I decided to use the restroom. I came out to find two of my fellow actresses putting their hands over my mouth. Apparently, I had left my microphone on and everyone heard me using the restroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 814
You deserved it 12 779

Weezie_rm tells us more.

So I wouldn't talk and the audience wouldn't hear me. And I didn't make any awkward sounds in the restroom either. All of a sudden the audience just heard a huge "FLUSH!!!!"Which is why the sound guys didnt have time to turn off the mic. And they apologized to me afterwards, but it was embarrassing. Now it's funny.

Top comments

bontron 0

Uuuunnnhhhh oh my god fuckyesfuckyesfuckyes. *flush*

Any respectable sound tech, would have muted your channel immediately after realizing what was going on.. and even if you were off stage, your mic channel should have been muted anyway.

Comments

Ive been doing sound for live theater and when the actor goes off stage you shut off their mic so whoever was doing sound for you is obviously a moron

Glam_fml 0

Yes, because we all know an event can only happen to one person ever in the entire. -rolls eyes- Well, I'm going to breathe. By your logic, you (and everyone else) can no longer breathe because I'm doing it, therefore no one else can do it. I hate fake callers. Just enjoy the freaking site.

bugmenotmofo 34

LOL, You deserve it. It's your own fault. No one else is responsible.

soxwin04and05 0

Joke was old when it showed up in cheesy 80's movies.

ydi..... no doubt abt it. was it a number 1 or 2? it wouldn't be as embarassing if it were a number 2.

It actually is the sound person's fault. They do tech runs with the mics so that they know when to turn them on and off. As soon as the actor leaves the stage, the mic should be turned off by the tech people. This is therefore either fake, or the sound person screwed up. If it's the latter, that sucks. You'll get over it though.

fake. they would have turned her microphone off when she started making noises.