By Porcelain - 03/10/2009 13:47 - United States

Today, during the opening night performance of our schools musical, while I wasn't on stage I decided to use the restroom. I came out to find two of my fellow actresses putting their hands over my mouth. Apparently, I had left my microphone on and everyone heard me using the restroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 36 814
You deserved it 12 779

Weezie_rm tells us more.

So I wouldn't talk and the audience wouldn't hear me. And I didn't make any awkward sounds in the restroom either. All of a sudden the audience just heard a huge "FLUSH!!!!"Which is why the sound guys didnt have time to turn off the mic. And they apologized to me afterwards, but it was embarrassing. Now it's funny.

Top comments

bontron 0

Uuuunnnhhhh oh my god fuckyesfuckyesfuckyes. *flush*

Any respectable sound tech, would have muted your channel immediately after realizing what was going on.. and even if you were off stage, your mic channel should have been muted anyway.

Comments

Sketch18 0

I've had this happen during a performance, but not to me. One of the leads cursed extremely loudly off stage about something and the whole audience heard him. =)

Well now everyone can thank you for providing extra sound effects

Not always. I've seen sounds guys mess up plenty of times, besides; it's high school.

Once I was doing lighting for a singer's show, and at the end of it they walked off stage and started bitching to the SM about how bad the band was (swearing and yelling at her), and the sound guy didn't mute it for at least a full minute. Personally, I thought it was funny.

I'd say both FYL and YDI. YDI because if you've been doing rehearsals with this equipment, surely you must have known to turn your own mic off. FYL because in most theatres, it is the sound operator's responsibility to turn the mics on/off from the sound mixing desk.

amanbaby 0

Well the way it works with my 26 channel mic board, is that my assistant and I each have a script and a cheat sheet. it tells is what characters have what mics at what time. so if this happened to me, I would check the cheat sheet, and whichever of the 26 people was not onstage, I'd make sure there channel was down. with an assistant, this takes about 45 seconds.

oh i just watched this on "naked gun" faaaaake

why would anybody say FYL? It is her own fault she left it on. YDI

YDI for saying "using the restroom", just sounds so stupid. They didn't hear you using the restroom, they heard you ******** while you were using the restroom.

musicfairy15 0

That's accutally the crew's fault not yours. the sound crew is responsible for shutting off mics because the actors have enough to worry about with costume changes and lines and makeup and etc.