By Anonymous - 29/12/2012 23:17 - United States

Today, I checked my sister's diary, because I was worried about her recent angry and withdrawn behavior. She caught me in the act, and my mom, whom I've caught blatantly snooping through my stuff multiple times now, grounded me for my "disgusting" violation of my sister's privacy. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 098
You deserved it 37 175

Same thing different taste

Top comments

GemmaStyles 14

Diaries are meant to be private. I'd agree with your mom. Regardless of what she did, you shouldn't have done that.

Me and my sister look out for each other. I have bipolar. When I'm suicidal, talking to me won't get anyone answers. Well wouldn't have when I was younger, pre treatment. If she did that to me, I would have been angry at the time but thankful later, knowing she cared enough. Siblings often know more about each other then the parents do. Sometimes you have to go with your gut. And while snooping seems low, sometimes, depending on the person it really is the only way to know if something is truly wrong and if the parents should be brought into it. This world is not black and white only. There are gray areas that turn a never into an understandable action.

Comments

Well look at that? Like mother, like daughter?

Do as you'd like other to do to you. Thats the golden rule. You don't like your mom snooping around, then you don't snoop around aswell.

BlackBlazeCobra 16

You shouldn't have gone through her diary, but your mom is a hypocrite.

I disagree that kids don't care about privacy. I certainly wouldn't have wanted people reading my diary (or mail, or etc.) when I was in grade school.

The_F3rris 11

Why does everyone violate trust instead of communicating?

miyaviichan 27

I don't see how it's your fault. You're learning from her, after all.

Read this whole comment before thumbing me up or down. OP you have no right to complain about your mother invading your privacy. Typically I wouldn't say this but you deserve what you've done to other people. If you're going to snoop on your SISTER'S OWN PRIVATE THOUGHTS you have no right to complain about anyone snooping on YOUR OWN PRIVACY. I'm sick of these people that feel they are entitled to snoop because "It's for the person's own good." Bullshit it isn't. Snooping will just make your sister more distant from you. Even if she didn't catch you, guess what? How would you miraculously know what's going on in her mind other than by reading her diary? She's would have figured you out either way. Here's an idea talk to her, or tell a close relative that can do something for her about your concerns(since your mother doesn't seem trustworthy). Snooping just makes you have no right to privacy in my opinion.

you're mom's a hypocrite, but you're pretty bitchy too for invading her privacy. just talk to her, smartness.