By Aaron - 09/12/2012 23:34 - United States - Matthews

Today, I decided to talk to a girl at the gym I had seen there a lot. I walked up to her at the station she was at and asked her out to dinner sometime. I didn't realize she had been wearing headphones. She took them off and asked if I was waiting on the station. My courage left. I said yes. FML
I agree, your life sucks 25 695
You deserved it 4 904

Same thing different taste

Top comments

If it seems like she's willing to give you a chance, go for it! Second time's the charm ;)

akma89 2

Aww. It's okay. Try again another time since you see her often. It can be something you joke about later with her!

Comments

If it seems like she's willing to give you a chance, go for it! Second time's the charm ;)

EDIT: I have removed my comment on account of sheer idiocy.

akma89 2

Aww. It's okay. Try again another time since you see her often. It can be something you joke about later with her!

That's right, some funny story to tell during the first date - I don't want to generalize, but that would really make me smile, especially if a man was self-confident enough to admit such a situation happened. And if OP builds up his courage to actually ask her the second time, they he probably is.

Their name is "Aaron". I know very few females named Aaron.

JAMSM 6

C'mon, bro. JUST DO IT. NIKÉ. You at the gym? Working in your muscles? Let the strongest muscle in your body. Stronger than your brain. With the power of all your hormones. Let that muscle take over just enough to ******* ask her out.

blcksocks 19

Just for kicks I read that while imagining the president's speech from the movie "independence day"..

JAMSM 6

You sir, just made my day. And I will admit. My motivational speech there... Went awry...

The worst that can happen is her saying 'no'. Next time you see her just ask her out.

The worst yes, is her saying no, but what that could imply could be terrible. From then on she will make an effort to not be in the same area as him. Even more so she will tell her friends about what a creep you are and those that you didn't even know at the gym will avoid you. After that someone may even complain to management that you make them feel uncomfortable and ask that you leave the gym. Yea the worst that could happen... A no, finding a new gym, and a possible restraining order. Girls are so easy aren't they :-)

Oh, come on. She won't do anything like that if OP doesn't stalk her, that's a huge leap of imagination here. Actually, even if she says no, it may still not be such a bad thing - she'll at least know OP exists, she may start saying hello and smiling. If she does, that's not such a lost case, some girls just won't go out with a stranger, but that doesn't mean you can't try to get her to know you.

Nah, it seems that the OP will be arrested and incarcerated for attempting to establish the existence of penile material on his person.

I'm sure you can do it next time! Best of luck, OP.

dooooo it! even if you do get rejected at least it will make her day! believe me i know! itll make her feel flattered regardless!

^She didn't spell anything wrong, she just didn't capitalize the letters. So what are you correcting?

You can do it. The worst she can say is no. Aaaaand did you know girls are more sexually aroused when their heart rate is elevated because it activates a sub conscience trigger? So even if she just running your chances are a little, so Hakuna matada, bro, Hakuna matada.

I thumbed him up just because he used Hakuna Matata instead of ******* gay ass YOLO.

oj101 33

You could ask her to help you train on the station, to get close and personal with her ;)

Talk to her some more. She may end up asking you out. Equal opportunity yes?

I feel you bro... go for it next time!