By no luck - 30/09/2010 17:14 - United States

Today, I found out less than 3 weeks before my wedding my fiancé will lose his new, great paying job unless we cancel our nonrefundable honeymoon. FML
I agree, your life sucks 38 135
You deserved it 3 603

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well, OP, which will be most benefitial in the long run? It sucks that it's non-refundable and all, but you might be able to persuade them to change the dates or something.

ctlnaaia71 8

don't be sad. just postpone the trip. either way, it feels the same to have sex at home than in Hawaii.

Comments

Sixteenstars 0

Insurance won't pay for anything like this you idiots. There's no such thing as "canceled vacation insurance". Cancel the trip and maybe you can go somewhere better later on!!

It is not mandatory to go on a honeymoon after a wedding. Would you rather spend two weeks in the Bahamas and come back home and be living on the streets or be employed and save money for a honeymoon later down the road? Be smart. A job=security. especially with what's going on currently.

Trust me, Ive been married 22 years, if u don't take the honeymoon now, u never will. we always said we would have plenty of time for a honeymoon! never happened and never will. now, we R both too old and grumpy for it!

Bludmagnus 13

My question is what gives them the right to tell him that? Job security is great... but that also allows them to dictate his entire life, as if they get him to cancel the honeymoon, they have his balls for life. Also, there are A LOT of companies that, if they find out about that, they will be HAPPY to hire him.

gingeryginger 1

I hope that doesnt happen to me..

ReturnOfTheRat 6

Try selling the tickets to get some money back and put it towards a future honeymoon.

Bummer! Hope you still take a chance at a great honeymoon later, though.