By panickygrl - 06/11/2011 17:43 - United States

Today, I had a panic attack. Not on a crowded train, or an airplane, or in school, or any of the expected places. It was in my yoga class, which my therapist recommended for me, while I was in a dead-body position. FML
I agree, your life sucks 28 763
You deserved it 3 996

Same thing different taste

Top comments

enonymous 8

So that's where my girlfriends learned to do that during sex. ******* Yoga

Comments

daydreamer244 13

I guess yoga isn't for you...??

leadman1989 15

You need to be heavily medicated! If you already are FYL!

LolLoree 0

She does not need to be heavily medicated. I get anxiety attacks a lot and I don't use medication. It may help, I can say that, but if you take breathing techniques you'll be just fine. It works for me a lot (:

boatsNhoes147 0
peepeeparee 0

Man that sucks. It's ok though, I feel your pain. I have horrible anxiety and panic attacks over nothing so my psychologist prescribed me 2mg's of Xanax. I had a panic attack that woke me up out of my xanax coma. I ended up going to the hospital. Then I over heard my doc telling the nurse that I have no hope. Lol.

My mom has a bad panic disorder and is on Xanax too. It's terrible. :( your doctor is a douche! It's his job to help you find something that helps.

I heard it helps if someone does the same position ontop of you

natashax21 5

Congratulations! You learned the fetal position. You're a real natural at this yoga stuff!

The name "dead" is what caused ur attic. Fear of death is one of the most common reasons for panic attics

Look down your shirt and spell A T T I C.

EvilCupcake8361 9
perdix 29

It turns out that fear of death is the second-most pervasive fear among people. Tell your yoga instructor that there better not be a Public Speaking pose -- you might shit yourself.

perdix 29

CTFD, TheIsland, you sound like you are atticed to violins. Piece is much neicer.

Haha oops damn auto correct - trust me I know how to spell attack.

Like you said, at least you didn't have the panic attack on a crowded train, or an airplane, or in school.

Yoga makes me more anxiouse than before I do it.

perdix 29

The OP means, on the surface, that she had a panic attack in yoga class. What the subtext of her story reveals is that she is the victim of at least three ironies: 1. She had a panic attack in yoga class. 2. Yoga was recommended by her therapist to alleviate the panic attacks. 3. She had her attack doing the dead-body position. Someone with a literary background can probably derive even more meaning from this story, but I think I've given you a good start.

Ossum possum. My autocorrect really did not want to let me type out 'ossum'. It facepalmed at me.

hartrum 0
perdix 29

I thought she wanted me to explain what the OP meant by her story. It's not a difficult story, but I thought she might be kinda, . . ., how shall I say? . . . simple.

pattron 0