By Anonymous - 23/05/2012 11:44 - Australia - Sydney

Today, I had dinner with my family for the first time in a couple of days. My mum and dad spent the majority of the time arguing whether salt or pepper weighed more. This is why I'm not home often. FML
I agree, your life sucks 21 807
You deserved it 2 239

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Aspen_Grace33 27

Welcome home!!!! My parents do the same crap and what's funny is even when we google the answer or whatever they keep arguing. Lol

My father would have beaten the shit out of me had I dared to tell him to shut the **** up. Fortunately I have this thing called "respect" for my parents.

Comments

"Mom, Dad. You're both wrong. Now eat your goddamned food."

I know how you feel OP, my parents spend a large amount of their time arguing about who gets the most cake when they have desert.

ZX6Rninja 0

Its obviously salt YOU CHEATING SON OF A BITCH. Hows your pot roast sweetie?

Whoever said salt is the victor of this argument

WeAreAHurricane 14

Keeping their marriage strong? a

Aspen_Grace33 27

Welcome home!!!! My parents do the same crap and what's funny is even when we google the answer or whatever they keep arguing. Lol

It's what us people that have been married a long time do. We fight or try to match wits over stupid things. It is usually a sign of a good marriage.

Communication is key. Can't argue over something serious? Then something must be wrong with this salt

RobinKCS 9

So how did this topic come to be? Tell them it doesn't ******* matter and to stfu. Problem solved.

That's a pretty rude and disrespectful way to speak to your parents...even if their argument is stupid.

My father would have beaten the shit out of me had I dared to tell him to shut the **** up. Fortunately I have this thing called "respect" for my parents.

Are you crazy #4 if I told my mom that she would beat my ass. No matter what age I was. I don't know how OPs parents would react, but that's what usually will happen.

wow. do you speak to your parents that way?

21: My mom threw me face first into a grate. Another time she almost drowned me. Sometimes, she take me across the street for a beating from a woman who looked like she was on steroids. That's when I learned not to **** with her. Is it bad that my mother is Casey Anthony? Lol bullshit aside, don't **** with the parents, unless they REALLY deserve it. Sometimes, not even then.

Yep.. tell them to just "stfu" in their own house. Sounds smart. I would be kicked to the curb with a sore ass..

If I told my mom to STFU, she'd be all, "NO, U."..... If I told my dad to STFU, he'd be all, "*slap upside the head*"..... .....So it just -depends-! :D

#4: no offense, but if you don't respect your parents. That doesn't mean others should not do too ... LoL

Megan98 18

If I would have said that to my parents, I wouldn't be able to sit down at the dinner table.

I think Ops parents are Bob and migde Pinciotti.

29: that explains why you're so ****** up.

29- Casey Anthony jokes are never funny

Yeah, that was kinda bad in taste. Quick! Erase it, Mods!

mollysticks 10

this is a bitter lady... Telling her to tell her parents to "STFU" and not having a sense of humor..

So, #4, how would YOU react if your child told you to shut the **** up?

Families sometimes argue for nothing! What's wrong with this! My family can have silly arguments about nothing for no reason! We love each other still

TheEpicMilkMan 13

#4 you sound like a disrespectful brat...

If I told my parents to shut the **** up I'd probably be homeless.

philaahmed 2

Don't use Google. That would only be logical.

Salt is heavier. Yes my name saves me on this one.

LoL look at the irony hah... And yea salt is heavier tho :p

Okay, voting salt doesn't make you look smart. Quite the opposite. Did I say that nicely enough?

ConesOfDeath 0

Salt obviously. There is a lot more air in pepper too.

Hey, at least there's always something to talk about at the dinner table.

At my family dinners we talk about prepping for colonascopes and that I need to marry a lawyer and that my brother need to get details about his date

AkshaySauce 5

Am I the only one who is extremely curious of who won this argument?

maxmex13 7

Whether us men like it or not, the woman always ends up winning the argument

the_smart_way 10

You didn't mention what kind of salt/pepper... Is it sea/rock ground/corn, this will be plaguing me for weeks to come!

Nope, paprika. It's a proven fact or something.

So, OP, which is heavier: a pound of pepper or a pound of salt?

A pound of feathers or a pound of lead?

bfsd42 20

I'd say 16 oz of pixie dust would be the heaviest.

I'm not op, but... Neither. A pound of each. You gotta do better than that to trick me >:D

KiddNYC1O 20

If I drop a rock and a pen at the same time, which one will hit the ground first? Objects fall 32ft/sec/sec.

Depends on the height at which one was dropped.

KiddNYC1O 20

Ah, you got me there, Sneaky.

wlddog 14

In open space they both are pulled by gravity at the same rate. In our atmosphere it depends on aerodynamics. It changes the "Terminal Velocity" and that can be effected by the shape of the object. Example. Grab a piece of paper out of the printer and throw it as hard as you can . How far did it travel? Grab another piece of paper from the printer and ball it up. Throw it as hard as you can. How far did that travel? I hope this little presentation did not bore you.

I learn more on FML than in regular school. Go physics!

wlddog 14

I missed my calling. I should have been a science teacher.

For ****'s sake, what's the matter with them? Haven't they seen pictures? Pepa is much taller than Salt, though Salt did put a lot of weight on recently. Push it real good.

skyeyez9 24

Your comment reminded me of an incident in an elevator. Above the emergency stop button said "push" and someone wrote in a black Marker right next to it "push it real good."