By ladams94 - 17/07/2016 18:39

Today, I have a Bachelors of Science at a top university and got denied by Chipotle for a part-time job. FML
I agree, your life sucks 12 043
You deserved it 1 253

ladams94 tells us more.

It wasn't a science degree... Just called a Bachelors of Science. I have food cooking experience as well as customer service experience but thanks for your input. Bye.

Top comments

Yeah being over-qualified is a thing. Sadly lots of people get stuck with either being told "you aren't qualified enough" "you are over qualified." Can't win in today's job market. Only thing you can do is keep applying places. It'll happen eventually.

Well I guess chipotle is missing out! Aim higher OP- your degree is a huge achievement !!

Comments

LAURA_EL_JUICE 6

That is because you are over qualifies and managers dont like hiring people that can do their jobs better.

It's because you're too smart and independent to take rude behavior from customers. While most customer service employees would probably tuck their tails and take the abuse, I bet you'd get witty with them.

I know that feeling. I graduated with a BS is petroleum engineering in December, and cant yet get a job at either a professional or temporary level.

You know, it may not be because of your degree that you were denied employment at Chipotle. On the other hand, they might think that since you're so smart, you might be able to discover things they don't want you to know.

usually when you apply for a fast food chain you want to mention that you don't go to university, much less mention that you have a degree

Chipotle sucks anyways and isn't what it's all cracked up to be, and they expect everyone to be happy 24/7 and they are all bossy asshats who think they are above everyone else

Maybe you weren't available for the hours that they needed you. Having a degree doesn't mean that you're the right person for the job. Not exactly their fault that they didn't like you.

I feel you. People will say that blue collar and retail establishments will hire educated and experienced workers, but they don't. Hang in there.

VampObsessed 16

Just have to say that having a degree doesn't necessarily mean you have good work ethic or would be a good employee. Good on you for earning a degree (believe me, I do not have one), but it doesn't make you any more qualified than someone else. Having conducted a lot of interviews I look for personality, teamsmanship, and overall friendliness. Most any skills can be trained, but you can't change somebody's personality. There's obviously something that happened in your interview that didn't mesh right with the interviewers.

I didn't even get to the interview... They called me and asked me to come in and then emailed me and said I didn't get the job so.....

I graduated with a BS in Biological Sciences. I started applying in April of my senior year and didn't get a job until this month (a full month after graduation) and it's not really in my career path. I feel you so much, OP.