By Anonymous - 27/02/2016 09:12 - United States - San Antonio

Today, I'm neck-deep in debt paying for med school. What's worse, the professors here are so terrible that even the morons on Yahoo Answers are 100 times better at explaining my coursework to me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 20 131
You deserved it 1 944

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Unless... The morons on yahoo answers ARE your professors

That's the American public system for you (unless you go to a private college)

Comments

it seems like professors are paid to be morons these days.

Unless... The morons on yahoo answers ARE your professors

I'm a little worried for op. Even the "morons" had a better understanding of the material. Where does that leave op?

I'm worried for OPs future patients. "Dont worry, I learned how to perform an emergency appendectomy on Yahoo! Answers!"

There's always a silver lining. The debt sucks now but when your making 6 figures it'll all be worth it.

Not going to make 6 figures getting his education from Yahoo and Wikipedia. And the debt isnt nearly as much a concern as the lack of knowledgable professors. How would you feel about having paid 100k for a degree and an education only to get this shit in return?

You should try to get transferred to a better college. Education is important, even more if said education involves other people's lives. FYL.

GabbyPLluch88 13

Ah America, where you drown yourself in debt for shitty education.

It really depends on where, what, how, and sometimes who. Yes, many people go into crazy debt, but it's definitely possible to get a good education in the US without doing so. Research and planning helps, to make sure you choose a good, respected program that isn't ferociously beyond your means. So does saving what you can in advance, scrimping while in college, earning money during breaks or part time while school's in session, and applying for every scholarship you might be eligible for -- and working hard on your studies, not only to keep your grades up (to help you get those scholarships) but so you can get more out of school (for later career, income, and life benefits).

There may be hope yet. Texas has enacted a law to allow students to carry weapons on campuses. Just think how quickly your professors will become better at their jobs, if you ask each question while casually holding an assault rifle.

crazyfrogg_fml 8

Sorry but the first thing I thought of was "Neck Deep is a really awesome band." But I feel your pain about dumb asshat professors, I'm in Nursing School and I feel I already now more some of my teachers.

I wish you all luck in nursing school and your career, and it's entirely possible you know more than some of your teachers in some areas. But it's always weird to see people saying they know more than teachers while making multiple English errors. (In case you care: comma after "Sorry", comma after "was", lowercase "nursing school", "now" -> "know", and "more some" -> "more than some"; also, you probably don't need "of" after "thought" -- and yes, I know you're studying nursing rather than English, but still, ouch.)

You started a sentence with the word "But", #25. For shame.

Yeah, I know. Informality and all that. Honestly, I'm more worried that I didn't note the comma splice. *wry grin*

You could try being an acupuncturist. Cheaper school and you can work for yourself

saffy66 34

Bit harsh calling them morons when you need THEM too explain stuff to YOU, don't you think? But seriously, a lot of people just aren't cut out for teaching. They may be brilliant at what they do, but it takes skill to impart that knowledge effectively to others. I hope you make it through med school okay.

Not really harsh if they aren't actually explaining things, too be honest.