By hungry - 08/03/2012 19:15 - Canada

Today, I'm participating in a 30 hour awareness-raising event on famine in Africa. I'm supposed to hand out leaflets to people from my booth. My school decided to hand out a literal crate-load of free cupcakes right in front of us. FML
I agree, your life sucks 23 489
You deserved it 3 203

Same thing different taste

Top comments

So you think handing out cupcakes will somehow diminish the awareness of the famine? If you starve yourself, that'll somehow make the famine better? Don't be so naive. If you want to change it, do something about it. Raise money, go on a mission. But complaining about some cupcakes is a waste of time.

Comments

americananarchy 3

Yiggi1 I've gone three Weeks b4 I had to eat something so shut up

Our own country is in such horrible shape right now. Our homeless rate is awful and it isn't just drunks and addicts on the street and in shelters. Families have been displaced due to job loss, banks getting bail outs in one hand and foreclosing on people with the other. I know this makes me sound like a callus bitch but right now I don't worry about people starving in other countries when we can't even take care of our own! But that's right, it's not humanitarian to worry about the poor, hungry kids in this country, just the ones in Africa!

Well I'm in Africa - send me a cupcake.

PYLrulz 17

Mmmmm... Cupcakes!!! *drools*

what are you trying to teach these ignorant idiots. They'll never listen. Nope, instead you get these cupcake eating pigs. I lived in such a country, and trying to explain to someone whose only ever lived in America (States/Canada) what life is really like in the rest of the world if futile. See all these "gangstas" that talk about oh life is so hard blah blah. At least you get welfare and can find a job if you really tried. in other parts of the world its sooo much worse and people in this country should be more grateful for living in a better part of the world. stop throwing food away people....

AWhalen91 0

I've done that 30hr Famine before. The key is to wake up really early and eats huge breakfast then drink all day. But that's seriously ****** up what your school did.