By singleandheartbroken - 17/08/2009 12:04 - Australia

Today, I tried to propose to my girlfriend of 5 years. I love her so much and I've been treating her extremely well. Before I could pop the question, she said in these exact words: "Babe, our relationship is like a drunken night. Fun while it lasted but its something I'd rather forget." FML
I agree, your life sucks 63 271
You deserved it 3 543

ryan_j009 tells us more.

ok everyone, im the OP, hear me out. 1. "..i've been treating her extremely well.." the reason why I said that was not because I'm a jackass, it was so you all knew that I didnt disrespect her or lie to her or anything, in case you would accuse me of being a shitty boyfriend. I wasn't at all. I used to surprise her with flowers occasionally, which I'd never done before with any other woman. (which does not mean i was a shitty boyfriend to my other girlfriends.. it just means i tried extra hard with this girl.) 2. all of you have been saying "well at least you didnt get to ask." Ok, yeah, I didn't say the words "will you marry me", but I had the ring in my hand and was about to get on one knee.. but before I could she stopped me.. so I'm guessing she realized that I was going to pop the question. 3. pimpin88 - once again, you have mistaken me for someone I am not. I was not clingy, I was just telling the world of FML that i really *DID* care about her.. I mean 5 years for god's sake.. sorry, i'm still bitter.. it's weird that you say that because in our relationship she always seemed to be interested in only me.. even in the last week that we were together it was all totally fine. I have no idea what happened. Nothing changed, at least I dont think...

Top comments

At least she said it BEFORE you proposed. But still, she's kind of a bitch, i mean, if she really felt that way, why did she stay with you for 5 YEARS?

Well, in this case, you just need more beer.

Comments

awww, thats sad don't worry , you'll find someone better !! :)

Damn son. That sucks. She sounds like an asshole, why not try again elsewhere.

prettykitty123 0
paris78_fml 0

what a bitch. go find someone who deserves you.

maestromiz 0

wow man that's horrible... it could be worse... she could have said it after you got married...

naughtygirl1983 0

Wow that is horrible, thats okay u can do much better even though 5 yrs is a long time for someone to say something like that! Keep ur head up!

FYL, FYL, man! I feel your pain. The reason why I'm reading those stories, there's something almost sacred and soothing about this connection, when I know that I'm not the only one whose life sucks. I like the relationship stories the most, although there's a different one that's still my favourite, about the person who had to be sprayed with the garden hose, bloody and shitty, in the front yard: http://www.fmylife.com/kids/2526721 To me, it's like a perfect essence of FML, the very succinct picture of it. I can still remember how I read that story and thought, wow, man, you look how I feel...

justmyluck1212 0

5 years?! well i cant judge whose in fault in the situation but daaaammmmnnn

annamg 0

What a bitch. She didn't need to be so harsh and flippant about a five year relationship.