By Abandoned - 09/03/2009 05:50 - United States

Today, I tried to surprise my parents by coming home from college for Spring Break. I arrived to find a dark house, with all the doors bolted shut. After calling them, I found out that they have gone on a vacation to Hawaii for a week. I am now locked out of my own house, with no where to stay. FML
I agree, your life sucks 50 827
You deserved it 13 518

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you don't have a key to your own house? that's kind of sad.

Comments

#7 yes I'm a tool for making a spelling mistake. grow up ****. you're the tool for just repeating what #1 said, very original

sunshyne84_fml 0

apparently u and ur parents arent that close after all :( surprise surprise!

No place to stay so you decide to visit an internet cafe and post on FML? Nice.

ThisCrazyLife 0

a. why would you "surprise your parents" for spring break? b. You dont have a key to your house? c. you have no one? no friends? thats just sad. and d. Instead of breaking a window, you decide posting your story on FML is more appropriate?

DaMiz511 0

um, if you can't go back to school to stay for the week, that means you live in dorms, where most of the time, they close the dorms during spring break, thus, your parents MUST have known that you would be coming home. If you do not live in a dorm, then you can easily go back to your living establishment at school. Problem solved. I don't have my house key on me anymore since being at college, so that's not hard to believe. It's unfortunate and inconsiderate that your parents didn't tell you they were going on vacation, but still, my first point should still apply.

DaMiz511 0

#38 (and others) ... READ OTHER COMMENTS BEFORE COMMENTING. either that, or stop being stupid and realize that laptops can get WiFi in many places ... duh.

I'm with #21. Nobody here knows the full story. They only allow so many characters in a FML post. I don't have a house key to my mom's place or my dad's place 'cause I don't live with them. Before we moved, I used to have a house key, but I'd leave it at home. What use would it be on the other side of the country? It's not so far fetched for this person to not have a key. As far as finding friends to stay with, it was spring break, maybe his/her friends are out of town too! Maybe he or she was sitting in an internet cafe on their laptop trying to contact friends to see if any of them are in town and if he/she can stay with them, and in the process wrote up a quick FML story. Why is that so inconceivable? And like someone pointed out earlier, maybe they have a good relationship with their parents and thought staying with them would be fun. You couldn't possibly have a social life if you enjoy your parents' company and want to spend time with them? I beg to differ. So rude. I hope this person found somewhere to go.

Yet you have the wherewithall to write this...?

AHAHAHAHHA YOU SUCK!!! where the hell did u write this then. ur house?? this is SO BS