By Jebus - 07/06/2009 20:46 - United States

Today, I walked to Starbucks. On the way a homeless guy asked me for change and I lied and said I had no money. On my way back, Strawberry Frappuccino in hand, the same guy recognized me. He followed me for 3 blocks, swearing and yelling at me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 29 137
You deserved it 60 993

Same thing different taste

Top comments

you're not obliged to give your money to a bum anyway!

Haha. This happened to me once, just keep on walking and drop a couple of quarters to keep him occupied while you make an escape.

Comments

Uh no, actually there are places homeless people can go in order to help themselves. If she wanted to give something to him she could've given food. Not money. She is not obligated to give anything.

I'm sorry, I pressed you deserved it by mistake. You're not obliged to give him your money if you don't want to!!

You are not required to give him money.

DanielleD93 16

Idk why people would think YDI, most bums here would just buy beer and cigarettes with the money you gave them, I know a guy that comes into my store to it beer and markers, sometimes it's not really worth it if you know where that money goes

Never give homeless people money. Always for them food or something useful like a coat or gloves and socks. They will spend the money of alcohol and cigarettes instead of saving it.

To be fair, OP probably used a credit card

ArcheryArtist 20

Wow what a dick. Some people will call you an ass for lying, but seriously, you're not obligated to give homeless people money. Most all of them use that money to find their alcohol or drug addiction anyway, that's why they're homeless; because they'd rather buy drugs than pay the bills. I hate how the asshole followed you and yelled at you, like its your responsibility to give him money or pay for his stuff, because it's not. It's his own damn fault he's homeless in the first place, so the rest of the people don't owe him a damn thing.

blondieckw 6

Coulda told him u had a gift card

I wouldn't have lied I would have said I need all the money I have Sry dude

Douchebag, you only thought about yourself. You could've given him a dollar, or even a quarter!