By bird-brain - 21/11/2009 12:19 - Germany

Today, I was at a zoo with some friends in Germany. People were talking to this bird and it responded in complete, grammatically correct German sentences. One of my friends said 'Wow, that bird has better grammar than the exchange student!' A bird speaks better German than me. FML
I agree, your life sucks 30 452
You deserved it 5 151

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Well German isn't your native language, so obviously.

Haha no the bird just copies people it doesn't speak on it's own like you hve to. Good for you tho that you do know any German at all I suck at Spanish.

Comments

blland 0

All you need to know in Germany is "noch ein bier bitte".

Well you don't talk English too good either.

spacebar1 0

And your English is SO good! It's "Well, you don't SPEAK English too WELL either."

Uh....yeah, that was the point, smartass.

so well* too well would be incorrect. laurasian was too generous in calling you SMARTass.

actually, "too well" is just as acceptable as "so well".

imakepurplesnow 0
1337_RoXxXor 4

Well, no reason to be depressed German is quite a hard language to learn if it isn't your first language. And the bird was probably just trained to respond.

Birds imitate sounds, they don't know grammar. Your friend's an idiot. And really, if German wasn't my first language, I'd be having quite a hard time learning it, too. Seriously, don't feel bad about it.

Sun_Kissed18 25

Well, your fault, fix your grammar :)

X0XyentroucX0X 0

if the bird is residing Germany obviously its picked up the German lanuguage quite easier.

voveraite 7

where are the comments to this evaporating to? :-?

I'll bet it speaks better German than me to.