By ABBenzin - 01/02/2012 16:11 - United States

Today, I was breaking into a house when three police cruisers pulled up. They ran my social, my license plates, and asked me twenty minutes worth of questions, before allowing me to go back to work. I work as a locksmith; the homeowner had lost their keys. FML
I agree, your life sucks 41 439
You deserved it 3 783

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Ohh sht, the first sentence of this FML is so misleading lmao

Ha I started reading like "you deserved it" then Im like oh no that sucks

Comments

arak_fml 7

Yes, I agree with the others the intro was very misleading. I was all, "um, that's what happens when you try to break in and steal from people". But then I read the rest of the FML post. While it's good that the police are doing their job it still sucks to have to go through that I am sure.

Epic_story17 0

i believe u just wanted to post something up next time try something more real

Hehe. Your comment on burglars breaking windows instead reminds me of a class my sister was in... D.A.R.E had come to her school and asked the kids "What does a bad guy look like?" all the kids answered with things like, ski masks/face covering and ugly or mean looking. I suppose the same principle applies here, they normally aren't smart burglars, but I'd still wonder if I saw someone crouching at a door with the tools to pop the lock.

Not exactly "breaking into a house" if you work as a locksmith, learn how to write.

missnuthin 10

i don't blame them for being careful. i mean, how ingenious of a cover would that be for a thief?

@ saysayok but as I pointed out not that many people just carry their wallet around the house or when they run out to check the mail, so while the address may be on the I.D. , the I.D. may be in the locked house.

517 people hit "you deserved it" as soon as they read "I was breaking into a house"

I've had to do the something to someone trying to get in their own house.