By SDworkinggirl - 05/07/2009 19:04 - United States

Today, I was fired from my volunteer job. Why? Because they said I was working so hard and doing such a good job that I was making the real staff look bad. FML
I agree, your life sucks 67 328
You deserved it 4 229

SDworkinggirl tells us more.

SDworkinggirl 0

Okay so let me clarify some things that people are either stupid or confused about. I voluteered in an organization that has retirement homes all over the country, and helps seniors with limited means. I started volunteering, because it looks good on a resume and I was having a hard time getting a job. So I started volunteering at this retirement home, but I quickly grew to love it, and soon I was working hard because I truely enjoyed visiting with the seniors and delivering mail to them, among the other things I did there. Unknown to me, some of the residents started to complain about how I was nicer and more caring than most of the nurses. They didn't hire me because, I am not a nurse, and I don't have a college degree yet, so there was no position open for me. And the guy who "fired" me let me know why I was being let go, kinda in secret otherwise I doubt I would have been told why they let me go.

Top comments

Ya that'll send a great message to the staff. fire people for good work.

You should apply your skills to actually making money.

Comments

If you're not a nurse, just look for a job at an assisted living home. That's what I do and I love it. I'm not a nurse either, but you do basically the same stuff besides what you need to be registered for. I pass meds, mail, bathe and dress the residents, help them with whatever they need. If you enjoy helping them so much, I highly recommend you find a job in that field. :)