By TheTacoMan - 01/02/2015 21:12

Today, in the middle of my haircut, the hairdresser went into labor. They never finished cutting it. FML
I agree, your life sucks 34 109
You deserved it 4 703

TheTacoMan tells us more.

OP here, I wasn't saying that she should come back to complete my hair cut, I was talking about everyone else who was working there. Luckily the hair cutter made it to the hospital in time, and she gave birth to a healthy boy, or so they said over the phone. I came back the next day and they finished cutting my hair... For half price.

Top comments

A07 48

Have you honestly been waiting for your hairdresser to return?

I give her props for working as a hairdresser while pregnant that far along. I don't imagine they sit down very much.

Comments

I wonder why she was even allowed to work if she was so far along. Bad luck for OP I guess

I was originally going to vote your life sucks, but didn't you think to mention it to someone? I get it's a big deal for her and probably most of get coworkers there, but there's no harm in going up to someone and saying something along the lines of "hey guys not to bug you or anything but if I'm going to pay for this haircut I'm gonna need someone to finish it so I don't have to leave here looking like a fool". Odds are they got caught up in all the excitement and forgot, and they just need a kick in the professional pants. (I'm of course not saying it was right of them, just offering a possible explanation.)

royceda510 10

They were too busy cutting other things. Like cords

I want to hear more of the story, did you just sit there like come on guys anyone going to finish this cut.

Britt125 16

Well, maybe everybody else (as I assume you're talking about the other hairdressers, I hope) was just too worked up over it and they just weren't thinking about cutting somebody's hair? They might have been excited for, or maybe concerned about, their co-worker (might depend how how far off her due date was). It's a pretty big event and it can be distracting. I mean they still should have finished the haircut but I also feel like there's not enough to this story to judge them for it. Like how long you waited, and if you actually spoke up about still needing your haircut finished. If you didn't wait very long and/or didn't speak up it's hard to blame them too much for it. They're only human and had a bit of excitement distract them, it's easy to get caught up or forget about something else in the excitement. They should have snapped out of it before too long and gone back to their jobs, but if you didn't give them a chance to do or remind them you still need to be taken care of then it's your fault too.

Well, I understand that they were a little bit nervous and the like so I waited for a while, and they returned to their other customers, except for me, and they didn't even acknowledge me, until I left and told them I would come back tomorrow.

Korra_fml 23

so you paid yesterday, then had to come back today and pay 50% more?? that sucks.

Well, she was having a bab so no way she was going to finish the cut. No one finished your cut and that sucks because now its only half done. But I'm sure if you called the next day and explain what happened they would probably rush you in to finish for free. You might even get some reimbursement or coupon or something.

You can't expect her to finish the cut while a baby is coming out of her, you're acting selfish