By gottalovefriends - 23/04/2012 04:04 - United States - Atkinson

Today, it was my wedding day. With my best friend as the priest, she asked, "Do you take this man to be your lawfully wedded husband?" After saying I do, she then turned to him and asked, "Do you want to bang my friend?" Everyone laughed, except my already disapproving father. FML
I agree, your life sucks 33 956
You deserved it 4 906

Same thing different taste

Top comments

By the power vested in her, he may "bang her friend"!

SweetlyPsycho 4

Leave it to your friends to make your wedding day something completely awkward! And then...your husband looks your father in the eye and says 'I DO!', like a boss!

Comments

I don't understand why everyone is so up in arms about this. It's a wedding! Who cares if your friend made a joke! All marriage is is the government recognising you as a couple so I don't understand why everyone makes such a huge deal out of it. I think it was funny and at least it actually made your wedding interesting unlike everyone elses run-of-the-mill weddings.

I want to say FYL, but there's kind if a YDI in it to for having a friend do the ceremony in the first place!

That's fantastic! Haha I'm sure it was embarrassing at the time but what a great funny memory of your wedding day when you look back on it. Weddings are meant to be a fun time for friends and family, just tell your dad to lighten up. (unless the guy you're marrying is a legit d-bag of course)

argybargy 3

I dunno ... that sounds more like an MLIA than an FML ...

aladdin2502 7

I honestly hate i how dads act its stupid because you know shes gonna get married

bizarre_ftw 21

Oh your poor husband xD sorry op but f his life, it might have been uncomfortable for you, but imagine the dilemma He went through "say yes, get married, her dad never gets over it" "say no, don't get married, her dad murders me, she murders me, the priest murders me"

phishin4dmb 7

That is hilarious. Having a friend that would say that only helps makes your wedding that much more memorable. If the whole crowd laughed then I am guessing you found it funny as well :) parents are meant to disapprove, it's what they do :)

mc1900 4

makes no sense. priest is a woman? in what church?