By minissaussette - 08/04/2016 23:39 - France - Cergy

Today, my 4-year-old brother has a very strict 8:30 PM bedtime. Since I would have to walk past his door to get to the rest of the house, I'm not allowed to leave my room past that time, lest I tempt him to get up too. I can't even go to the bathroom. FML
I agree, your life sucks 22 572
You deserved it 1 667

Same thing different taste

Top comments

Oh that's hardly fair.. Surely you can't be expected not to use the bathroom.

juturnaamo 29

Why don't you just trade rooms?

Comments

Well merde ... You can't be expected to do nothing after 8:30 pm ... That's just absolutely unreasonable. And that's usually a time at which people are still having dinner in France !

My father always wanted us to eat at 7:00 sharp so he could enjoy a very long evening (we usully finished eating at 7:30), and that is even on weekends, sometimes my mom and I would go shopping on Saturdays and if we weren't back on time he would start eating without us. And by on time I mean 7:05 was already late for him. He was so strict on that, I remember my bestfriend and my mom's mom being scared of either showing up too late for dinner or taking us home too late.

Hahaha my Dad is kind of the same, quite strict ... A special particularity of French dads

gquagmire 17

Why not just stay in the main part of the house until he's asleep? You don't have to go by his door and can access the bathroom and rest of the house. It's a win-win

DeadxManxWalking 27

Omg this reminds me of this person from my sisters 'in laws'. He has a 3 year old child and no one in the house is allowed to make any kind of noise after 7pm incase the child wakes up. Everyone has to stay quiet until he wakes up. It's actually really weird because once my sister had to stand infront of the window until someone opened up the door for her, all because the child was asleep.

I know this is a crazy idea. but close the door?

Make them close his door. Can't be tempted if he can't see you.

That's a bit much. I shared a room with my two sisters, we each had a different bedtime with no issues.

It's the same at my house with my brother, OP.

That's utter bullshit, do what ya want and force them to get up and confront you every time, or piss in a bottle and leave one outside their door every night.

If his room is closer to the bathroom switch rooms with your brother.